P&B Glossary

Pie and Bovril Glossary

______ for this Shite: informing a poster that they have started a thread when there is already one which exists for the topic in question

..... for this pish

Surely?! (usually followed by "don't call me Shirley", based on an Airplane! joke)

IMO: In My Opinion; shorthand for lazy b*****ds

I used this in a text to my non-P&B brother today. If only this thread had come earlier. :(

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Or to quote its full name (courtesy of Beyemystic), the Squalid Postage Stamp Statelet. 

I honestly thought Helen's referred to a greenie, i.e. Helen Green. I've since discovered there is no such (famous) person so I'm indebted to this thread for setting me straight. 

And your apostrophe abuse?

Clyde Riviera

Section of the West Coast around Gourock/Greenock (perhaps Dumbarton), used by locals to infer that the area is some form of tourist destination rather than a post-industrial wasteland.

Seaside Leagues

Scottish League One and the senior leagues below

(have a) Charles

Green dot, based on Charles Green

Big Kawser

Kawser Quamer, BBC Scotland weather presenter.

The Auld Yin

Carol Kirkwood, BBC Britain weather presenter.

Getting off at Haymarket

Alighting a train between Edinburgh Waverley and South Gyle. That or a dubious form of pre-climax contraception.

Windows down, heater up full blast

The obvious solution to any problem, arising from someone on here claiming that this would sort out someone else's car issue.

Edited by Hedgecutter

TL;DR - An acronym relating to a lengthy piece of prose that is by and large felt to be excessive for a football forum such as P&B and where the supposed reader disregards the said prose and simply marks it TL;DR (Too long, didn't read). It can also be used to further irritate someone at the point of meltdown or slaver. Sometimes it can be in the form of a meme typically utilising an image of an attractive female doing a seemingly unusual activity.

Spoiler

CF5DA276-5401-477F-A15E-F4374DBA185F-440-0000008C4C118373.jpeg.17c6778dcbe95c74a1e47b89835c89d8.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Without wishing to sound like a VL, surely a lot of these (such as TL;DR) are common Internet memes / tropes / thingmies ... surely this thread is here to train people how to understand P+B?

Swing and a miss, VL. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm afraid to ask, but curiosity has got the better of me, why is the mutton dressed as lamb, try too hard, maybe used to come in on the other bus, but is now back on solids, BBC Scotland weather clunge referred to as "Kawser"?

Wrong one. Google is your friend.

Image result for kawser bbc scotland

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm afraid to ask, but curiosity has got the better of me, why is the mutton dressed as lamb, try too hard, maybe used to come in on the other bus, but is now back on solids, BBC Scotland weather clunge referred to as "Kawser"?

kawser.JPG

46 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Without wishing to sound like a VL, surely a lot of these (such as TL;DR) are common Internet memes / tropes / thingmies ... surely this thread is here to train people how to understand P+B?

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP.