June 8th General Election

Mudder

The guy on the news saying that this completely undermines the prospect getting power sharing at Stormont sorted, as the UK government is supposed to act as a neutral arbiter in talks, and they can't possibly be neutral if the existence of the UK administration depends on DUP support. Also saying that with Brexit looming the Westminster and the Civil Service won't have the spare capacity to effective administer Direct Rule.

Imagine being Northern Irish. Scots talk about being ignored by Westminster, but rUK are at least aware that Scotland exists. The chaos that first Brexit and now this election could cause in Ulster has barely been mentioned by anyone.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's also f*cking incredible that journalists seem to be frantically googling the DUP and what they're about, despite them having had a presence in the Commons for decades and being the main players in NI. Meanwhile UKIP get constant, blanket coverage even though they've only had two MPs in their entire history.

They are interviewing four 'young voters' on BBC news 24. Two Tory voters and two Labour. It's incredible how every young Tory you can spot from a mile off. Before they mentioned which two voted Tory it was obvious. There's just a young Tory look. Like they can't quite knock the sneer away from their face.

Tories:

IMG_1497080590.202813.jpg

It's also f*cking incredible that journalists seem to be frantically googling the DUP and what they're about, despite them having had a presence in the Commons for decades and being the main players in NI. Meanwhile UKIP get constant, blanket coverage even though they've only had two MPs in their entire history.

I was thinking that. I'm moderately interested in politics but have a pretty decent idea of what the DUP are all about, but these are people whose jobs rely on political knowledge who seem to know nothing about them. Maybe it's being from Scotland, it's hard not to have an interest in what's going on in Northern Ireland but the obvious lack of knowledge from a lot of political pundits is incredible.

20 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Aw gis a break pal, I haven't posted in months!!

It's funny you chose now to come back.
Imagine being politically motivated by your football team.  Sheesh.

Of course it was. Everything that happens about politics in Scotland is about it these days, whether you like it or not. I am bored with it all now. I suspect a lot more than I am are as well. That is probably part of the reason why SNP had a bad night last night compared with two years ago. It just keeps getting rammed down your throat. It's boring now.

Excellent post. The Unionist parties were right to use this to their advantage after Sturgeon brought up IndyRef2, and it has cost them dearly, particularly with Superstar Angus and the greatest loser of all time being emptied by the Tories.

I suspect her only option now is to sweep it under the carpet and not bring it up again for several years to avoid even further damage. Pleasing.

So the Tories are planning on holding a vote on limiting time limits on access to abortions to secure DUP support. I'm also assuming they won't intervene in the current cases where women are being prosecuted? Theresa May is an opportunistic coward and laughably incompetent even in comparison to David Cameron.

So the Tories are planning on holding a vote on limiting time limits on access to abortions to secure DUP support. I'm also assuming they won't intervene in the current cases where women are being prosecuted? Theresa May is an opportunistic coward and laughably incompetent even in comparison to David Cameron.

Absolute fucking joke if true.

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

it's given a vague mention as a possibility here but nothing concrete. 

There's surely not a cat in hell's chance such a vote would get through parliament. 

There's surely not a cat in hell's chance such a vote would get through parliament. 

I doubt it would either but it would be a signal of who the Tories are prepared to throw under the bus to cling on to power. A clear reminder though of what being a Tory in 2017 actually is. Opportunistic c***s.

A Tory wipeout in Scotland in 1997, 1 seat in 2001, 1 seat in 2005, 1 seat in 2010, 1 seat in 2015 to 13 seats in 2017:

Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk

Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale & Tweeddale

Dumfries & Galloway

Ayr, Carrick & Cumnock

Renfrewshire East

Stirling

Ochil & South Perthshire

Angus

Aberdeen South

Aberdeenshire West & Kincardine

Gordon

Banff & Buchan

Moray

22 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I actually hope the Tories try,

Just now, Im_Rodger said:

You vs the Scotland she tells you not to worry about...857065ae114512346f502dfa11b28678.jpg

Oh, hi I'm Rodger.  Since you're here, can you tell us if you support or oppose making abortions illegal, being against gay marriage, denying climate change and supporting the death penalty?

Archived