Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Please tell me AFI doesn't stand for "Alternative for Independence".
Stands for "Action For Independence"

Tommy Sheridan is involved, along with the remnants of his Solidarity party & a few Ex-SNP Twitter folk with ideas above their station in terms of their own importance.

Could be wrong but think the SSP have thrown their lot in with AFI this time as don't think they are standing at all.

So you have AFI, ISP, Scotia Future & the Scottish Libertarian Party on the fringe pro-indy side standing.

Then on the fringe unionist side you have UKIP, Reform UK & George Galloway's 'Alliance For Unity' mob standing.

Would reckon 1-2% of the list vote between all of them at very best.

16 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Stands for "Action For Independence"

Tommy Sheridan is involved, along with the remnants of his Solidarity party & a few Ex-SNP Twitter folk with ideas above their station in terms of their own importance.

Could be wrong but think the SSP have thrown their lot in with AFI this time as don't think they are standing at all.

So you have AFI, ISP, Scotia Future & the Scottish Libertarian Party on the fringe pro-indy side standing.

Then on the fringe unionist side you have UKIP, Reform UK & George Galloway's 'Alliance For Unity' mob standing.

Would reckon 1-2% of the list vote between all of them at very best.

On the Unionist side there's also the 'Abolish Scottish Parliament Party' which seems to be the 'British Unionist Party' under a new name as it's the same guy behind both. There's also a 'Scottish Unionist Party' formed in 1986 but no idea how active they are.

There must still be a few of those 'Christian fundamentalist and whisky-addled pensioner/shut down everything including electricity and running water on a Sunday' types kicking about up the west coast and in the highlands and islands surely?

Edited by Boo Khaki

The narrowing in the polls may not be a bad thing - it might just focus people more - if the polls were showing that the SNP were going to easily get a majority then you'd get some complacency not just in the SNP but also from voters - the "I'll not bother because they'll win easy" types.

The narrowing in the polls may not be a bad thing - it might just focus people more - if the polls were showing that the SNP were going to easily get a majority then you'd get some complacency not just in the SNP but also from voters - the "I'll not bother because they'll win easy" types.
I think it'll be a different picture by the time of the election. People have short memories, the Salmond caper will be a distant memory and restrictions being lifted by the Scottish Government should get people in a better mood.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Perhaps that you are proving my point.

You said you dont know any Unionists that aren't also Rangers fans. Just because me, a singular person is a Rangers fan that's also a Unionist doesn't prove any point. 

There are numerous posters on here that are A. Rangers fans but not Unionists and B. Unionists that aren't Rangers fans. 

I don't know if me having to explain this is part of some long in joke or if you're sincerely being this obtuse. 

18 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You said you dont know any Unionists that aren't also Rangers fans. Just because me, a singular person is a Rangers fan that's also a Unionist doesn't prove any point. 

There are numerous posters on here that are A. Rangers fans but not Unionists and B. Unionists that aren't Rangers fans. 

I don't know if me having to explain this is part of some long in joke or if you're sincerely being this obtuse. 

And then of course bigoted posters like you who are happy to join in sectarian song singing whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Do us all a favour mate and get yourself to f**k out of here.

13 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

And then of course bigoted posters like you who are happy to join in sectarian song singing whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Do us all a favour mate and get yourself to f**k out of here.

ccc9a7c2e00bd98f8bcc1419d151a643.jpg

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

In fairness even if their team is Hibs/hearts/Edinburgh City, their big team is usually 'The Gers' so Wee Bully isn't far off

I don't know any City fans who like the Gers or Celtic for that matter. They're more Hibs and Hearts as their big team if anything.

And we all vote Monster Raving Looney Party.

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I don't know any City fans who like the Gers or Celtic for that matter. They're more Hibs and Hearts as their big team if anything.

And we all vote Monster Raving Looney Party.

How appropriate!

10 hours ago, Stormzy said:

11 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Perhaps that you are proving my point.

Care to answer this yet? 

Edited by Stormzy

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I see the New Statesman's projector now has the SNP with a majority of 2 with Labour and the Tories losing seats, the LibDems gaining 1 and the Greens going up to 10.

The LibDems gaining 1 shows that this poll must be nonsense. 

On the Rangers thing, I saw plenty banners with 55 on them, does this refer that they have won  55 titles? as I thought the old Rangers went into liquidation and sevco was born and they haven't won 55 titles in the last ten years.

Please believe this is a genuine question and I definately do not want to stir shite on this thread, but can the old titles be transferred to the new Rangers?

On the Rangers thing, I saw plenty banners with 55 on them, does this refer that they have won  55 titles? as I thought the old Rangers went into liquidation and sevco was born and they haven't won 55 titles in the last ten years.
Please believe this is a genuine question and I definately do not want to stir shite on this thread, but can the old titles be transferred to the new Rangers?
Nope not possible, but media driven perception is reality I guess