Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

36 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Tories get scudded from the Libs in Tiverton and from Labour in Wakefield. Dowden tenders his resignation no doubt more to follow.

It will only become a real threat for Johnson if a couple of senior cabinet ministers resign, I’m not sure that is going to happen. That said there’s going to be a lot of very nervous Tory MPs.

Edited by Granny Danger

41 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Tories get scudded from the Libs in Tiverton and from Labour in Wakefield. Dowden tenders his resignation no doubt more to follow.

I believe Dowden was meant to be doing the morning media circus rounds this morning. 

Will a last minute replacement be drafted in to remind us there's a fucking war on just now, and of course that Boris got Brexit done and rolled out the vaccines.

As amusing as it is to see Boris suffer a defeat it'll make little difference at this time. He's still got a huge majority, they'll definitely get rid of him before the election as he's obviously haemorrhaging the tories votes. He'll bumble along for another 18months or so like a drunkard in a minefield.

Sadly, once he goes he'll be replaced by someone just as awful, evil and incompetent and they'll rebrand it as a new beginning. Of course, whoever it is will beat boring Kier starmer and off we go again. 

8 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

As amusing as it is to see Boris suffer a defeat it'll make little difference at this time. He's still got a huge majority, they'll definitely get rid of him before the election as he's obviously haemorrhaging the tories votes. He'll bumble along for another 18months or so like a drunkard in a minefield.

Sadly, once he goes he'll be replaced by someone just as awful, evil and incompetent and they'll rebrand it as a new beginning. Of course, whoever it is will beat boring Kier starmer and off we go again. 

Indeed. To have any chance of winning the next GE, Labour need to dump Sir "establishment" Starmer.

23 minutes ago, Ervin H Burrell said:

I have images of her quitting her job in meltdown fashion going into one of the country's safest seats.

"... and f*** you too Hannah, you biscuit stealing whoor, and Gary, get rid of that ponytail, you look like a twat, and Carrie, you're without doubt the most boring person I've ever met. So f***ing boring I feigned Covid when I found out I was at the same table as you at the Christmas dinner."

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I have images of her quitting her job in meltdown fashion going into one of the country's safest seats.

"... and f*** you too Hannah, you biscuit stealing whoor, and Gary, get rid of that ponytail, you look like a twat, and Carrie, you're without doubt the most boring person I've ever met. So f***ing boring I feigned Covid when I found out I was at the same table as you at the Christmas dinner."

I can't believe she was the best candidate they could have got. Although maybe nobody wanted to take the fall here. She was entirely cringeworthy at the hustings and had a more patronising voice and smarmy attitude than Jo Swinson. 

51 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Just the typical Labour 'heads in the sand ' attitude that has kept it from a General Election victory since 2005? A shameful 17 years going on at least 18.

You're talking about heads in the sand whilst arguing Labour can't win an election with Starmer on a thread when they've just overturned a seat and LD has also taken one from the Tories. If these numbers were to continue which is possible then they'd be in power after the next GE. 

Your argument is silly and posted at an idiotic time. 

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You're talking about heads in the sand whilst arguing Labour can't win an election with Starmer on a thread when they've just overturned a seat and LD has also taken one from the Tories. If these numbers were to continue which is possible then they'd be in power after the next GE. 

Your argument is silly and posted at an idiotic time. 

Really?. When we have the most corrupt and ineptitude government in living memory? Wakefield should always gone back to Labour. Tiverton will return Tory at the next election.