New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Two I believe, both B/Reserve teams.

No issue with this. Starting at the bottom and working their way up unlike the Lowland two / three who were shoehorned in with no promotion / relegation. 

What is the general stance from the EoS on accepting reserve sides? I know Stirling Uni are in it but they have been for years and were accepted when numbers were much lower. I'm sure other reserve sides have been rejected since then?

Just now, stanley said:

What is the general stance from the EoS on accepting reserve sides? I know Stirling Uni are in it but they have been for years and were accepted when numbers were much lower. I'm sure other reserve sides have been rejected since then?

Stirling Uni never resigned as members of the EoSFL when the Lowland League started. It was never a case of being voted in. Selkirk would try in 2014 and lost out on a 50-50 vote (no Chair pushing it through like the LL votes).

Don't think there were any after Selkirk until Edinburgh City tried to get in, but they still hadn't resolved the Meadowbank situation. The uncertainty on where they would play I believe meant it never got to the point of a vote.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Livingston B  and Gala Fairydean Reserves

FWIW.  I don't see an issue with clubs fielding genuine B/Reserves teams in the EoS when they don't seem to be aiming them at SPFL level.

However, there should be a way to ring-fence the squads so that they are roughly the same strength from match to match. It should be possible to keep out First Team players in any case. Maybe it can be done if there is a rule which covers such situations i.e. perhaps something along the lines of:

"Clubs fielding a team which is not its' First Team shall, by the first day of each month, submit to the League the names of (say) eleven players of their first choice Team, none of whom shall be eligible to play in their EoS Team during that month."

The risk is that, without any Rule,  B/Reserves Teams can be "quickly" strengthened. It would difficult to prevent Teams from fielding weakened Teams though.

Anyway it's food for discussion/thought.

17 minutes ago, stanley said:

If they tick all the boxes, then I can't see a problem in them being accepted.  Both will be on 3g at the main ground of both clubs.

Hypothetical questions but, would it make any difference or be easier for Gala to register the new team as Gala Rovers? Continue to use them as a feeder but bring back the old name, Rovers were a biggish deal in the Borders before the merger

And for Livi to maybe bail Livi United out the shit (fk knows what is happening there) and use their registration for a feeder team at that level? 

Both I know are not happening but just curious at what the options might be 

35 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Hypothetical questions but, would it make any difference or be easier for Gala to register the new team as Gala Rovers? Continue to use them as a feeder but bring back the old name, Rovers were a biggish deal in the Borders before the merger

And for Livi to maybe bail Livi United out the shit (fk knows what is happening there) and use their registration for a feeder team at that level? 

Both I know are not happening but just curious at what the options might be 

Careful. If there were nothing to prevent that, then the OF could get their 'colts' into the SPFL  as Govan United, or whatever.

Luckily, the SFA Article 13 (Dual Interests in Clubs) seems to close that particular door.

10 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Careful. If there were nothing to prevent that, then the OF could get their 'colts' into the SPFL  as Govan United, or whatever.

Luckily, the SFA Article 13 (Dual Interests in Clubs) seems to close that particular door.

Good point! If it's done sensibly and the registration restrictions are clear and fair, then there is no reason why it won't work.

Following what @Dev has said, what's the current rules around Stirling Uni and them moving payers between the 2 teams?

Hopefully they have it sorted so squads are going to be reasonably stable throughout the season

Absolutely no issue with "B" teams starting at the bottom of the pyramid and if true,fair play to both Gala and Livi.

They're showing the "3" in the LL right up.

Of course the level of self entitlement stops the other 3,particularly the Glasgow 2, in recognising that jumping straight in at tier 5 is an utter farce and unfair !!!

Edited by Dav nan Gael

The decision on new clubs will come after the conclusion of the play-offs, right? So clubs would know if the EOS is down two clubs on this season, which may influence things and also change the setup again after Rosyth's exit?

20 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The decision on new clubs will come after the conclusion of the play-offs, right? So clubs would know if the EOS is down two clubs on this season, which may influence things and also change the setup again after Rosyth's exit?

There's an SGM in 2 weeks time.

In principal I don't object to reserves starting at the bottom, but I have to say it's not the same when you play them. They generally have no support at all and you know that winning is less important to them than developing players for the first team. As others have said, if they're largely ring-fenced for the season that's less of an issue. You wouldn't want them making up a big proportion of your division though.

I wonder if this would this mean Livi withdrawing from the SPFL reserve league, or playing in both.

It has been said if Stirling Uni were relegated from the LL, that the EoS team basically folds. One league = one team. A Gala team increases the chances of that scenario happening sooner than later. 

Is there any rule changes on that front? 

3 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Absolutely no issue with "B" teams starting at the bottom of the pyramid and if true,fair play to both Gala and Livi.

They're showing the "3" in the LL right up.

Of course the level of self entitlement stops the other 3,particularly the Glasgow 2, in recognising that jumping straight in at tier 5 is an utter farce and unfair !!!

So what would the ceiling be league wise for any B clubs prepared to start right at the bottom of the pyramid?