New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 minute ago, ShrimpLok said:

As 13 team leagues will only give a 24 game season there is flexibility to have a full playoff at the end to rank all clubs 1-39.

Home and Away it would be an extra 4 games each to play the other clubs in the same position or just 2 games each extra with one home and one away game. 

Just let the group winners play in a group of 3 home and away. Then numbers 2/3 in a group of 6, 5 games per team with the team finishing 2nd having an extra home game. Same with 3/4 and so on until 12/13. Then it's easy to pick the 16 teams for the EOS Premier the year after. Simply the relegated team(s) and then fill up to 16 by teams that haven't been promoted.

Just now, Red Rose said:

Why? Seems pretty easy with midweeks at the book ends of the season. 

There’s cups to fit in as well. It’s only for one season. Might be a few more applicants yet to get it up to 14 team leagues as well.

1 minute ago, Red Rose said:

LTHV struggled to get through 24 games.  Can't imagine how they could handle 38.  Hopefully will be easier this season with Tynecastle moving away.  

There are a number of cups and some teams like LTHV can go on decent Scottish Cup runs as well.  

Just now, stanley said:

LTHV struggled to get through 24 games.  Can't imagine how they could handle 38.  Hopefully will be easier this season with Tynecastle moving away.  

There are a number of cups and some teams like LTHV can go on decent Scottish Cup runs as well.  

Aye that’s probably fair. It’s a lot of games. 

Would expect us to be 3rd or 4th round in the big Scottish too. Score to settle with Hibs. 

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

Just let the group winners play in a group of 3 home and away. Then numbers 2/3 in a group of 6, 5 games per team with the team finishing 2nd having an extra home game. Same with 3/4 and so on until 12/13. Then it's easy to pick the 16 teams for the EOS Premier the year after. Simply the relegated team(s) and then fill up to 16 by teams that haven't been promoted.

That would work too but it’s extra games you don’t need to play. Either way it seems sensible to have some sort of full ranking system as it won’t be clear until after the League 2 playoff how many teams will be in the following years EoS so adjustments may be needed right down the table.

7 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Recommended or confirmed?

Recommended, apologies, not confirmed yet!

2 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

What’s the general feel from the current EOS teams? Open arms?

They voted to allow this, so I suppose they are fine with it. Their league is instantly becoming much more competitive, so I can imagine especially smaller teams would be happy with it, as they can be in a division with teams roughly their strength rather than some teams that can give them double figure hammerings.

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

Recommended, apologies, not confirmed yet!

They voted to allow this, so I suppose they are fine with it. Their league is instantly becoming much more competitive, so I can imagine especially smaller teams would be happy with it, as they can be in a division with teams roughly their strength rather than some teams that can give them double figure hammerings.

Cash too Marten. Big travelling supports on the way. I think it’s a great thing. All we need to do is sort out league 2 to be at least 2 down. 

3 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Cash too Marten. Big travelling supports on the way. I think it’s a great thing. All we need to do is sort out league 2 to be at least 2 down. 

True, cash helps as well obviously. All together, I think I would want my club to vote for this as it can help the existing EOS clubs move forward too, for example towards obtaining their own licenses.

24 minutes ago, Marten said:

True, cash helps as well obviously. All together, I think I would want my club to vote for this as it can help the existing EOS clubs move forward too, for example towards obtaining their own licenses.

What’s your team Marten. I’m new on EOS.

39 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Surely that's one reason why Juniors are moving over to the EoS, to avoid this kind of thing? Bonnyrigg played 6 league games in May, meanwhile the EoS title had been decided and Kelty were in the LL play-offs. A 24 game league like this season and some added play-offs should be doable for this transition season.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Surely that's one reason why Juniors are moving over to the EoS, to avoid this kind of thing? Bonnyrigg played 6 league games in May, meanwhile the EoS title had been decided and Kelty were in the LL play-offs. A 24 game league like this season and some added play-offs should be doable for this transition season.

I’m a competition man Ginaro. Whole point was money and growth, not pile up. 

A league split into more than two is a shambles for deciding the best team. 

Just get rid of the shan cups. 

6 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

What’s your team Marten. I’m new on EOS.

I don't have a team in the EOS, I look at it as a neutral, but I meant that I'd like my team to vote for it if I had one.

I'm just a lover of non-league football and watch games all over, senior and junior.

4 hours ago, calmac25 said:

So does that make it 33 clubs in the Alex Jack cup? Hawick, Coldstream, Preston Ath, Burntisland, Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow being in the Scottish cup.

It makes the AJ pretty lucrative for all the clubs chasing licencing

By my reckoning if there are 39 clubs in EOSL cups would be:

South Challenge Cup ... 69 clubs ... 16 LL, 38 EOSL, 14 SOSL, Glasgow Uni

EOS Qualifying Cup ... 49 clubs ... 11 LL, 38 EOSL ... assuming no East Stirlingshire

Alex Jack Cup ... 31 clubs ... Bonnyrigg, Burntisland, Coldstream, Hawick, Linlithgow, Preston, Tynecastle playing in Scottish Cup

King Cup ... 39 clubs ... Stirling Uni EOS enter

EOS Qualifying League ... 39 clubs ... Stirling Uni EOS enter

Edited by HibeeJibee