Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I am undoubtedly biased, but that performance is miles ahead of any of Truss’s interviews I’ve seen; Sturgeon oozes ability, clarity of thought and commitment.

BTW any right thinking person detests the Tories and all they stand for.

How on earth can you compare anyone to Truss? My sister's kitten could give a more coherent interview than Truss. Sturgeon is no superstar performer. She just looks far superior in a pool of political shit.

10 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Looking at Scottish Labour Twitter, that doesn’t seem to be the case.  Rushing to the defence of their poor Tory allies. 

Didn't Angela Raynor call the Tories scum a few months back - now that is close to the line.

Going back IIRC Aneurin Bevan called the Tories vermin and asked what was Toryism except organised Spivvery?

Edit - Just checked the Bevan quote and he actually said the Tories were "lower than vermin" - how would today's Scottish Labour react to that?

Edited by btb

24 minutes ago, btb said:

Didn't Angela Raynor call the Tories scum a few months back - now that is close to the line.

Going back IIRC Aneurin Bevan called the Tories vermin and asked what was Toryism except organised Spivvery?

Edit - Just checked the Bevan quote and he actually said the Tories were "lower than vermin" - how would today's Scottish Labour react to that?

Probably demand his de-selection 😂

They are a group of utter doormats. 

Could easily put this in the BBC Bias thread, but Sally Nugent interviewing Swinney there, genuinely asking him if his words "reckless hypocrites" (when describing the Tories) were too strong.

Jesus wept.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Could easily put this in the BBC Bias thread, but Sally Nugent interviewing Swinney there, genuinely asking him if his words "reckless and hypocritical" (when describing the Tories) were too "strong".
Jesus wept.
The BBC are an absolute disgrace - they are nearly all client journalists pumping out whatever shite Tory HQ feeds them.

What is positive though is that reading the various twitter threads on the subject there clearly isn't the uproar amongst ordinary people about what she said.

All the Tories (and their Labour enablers) are doing is drawing attention to the shitshow at Westminster and fucking horrendous through current bunch of chancers are.

44 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I recall NS being asked why she got into politics and she said "Thatcher".  She hated everything that Thatcher was doing. 

You would probably get the same answer from people who joined the Labour Party.

From my time in the Labour Party quite a few would say “career” if being honest; which they weren’t.

9 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I can see yoon twitters point. The 2 or 3 Tories that post on here sound like the sort of un-detestable chaps I could stand round the hearth listening to anecdotes about yon immigrants and those nasty unemployed and disabled chaps and chapettes all day whilst quaffing a nice Brandy at the local lodge.

Thank you very much.

A pleasure to meet you.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Could easily put this in the BBC Bias thread, but Sally Nugent interviewing Swinney there, genuinely asking him if his words "reckless hypocrites" (when describing the Tories) were too strong.

Jesus wept.

They’re making the most out of that comment 

It's quite easy to differentiate between saying you detest 'The Tories' as in a political party, and 'Tories' as in humans who vote for them.

Trust the losers at BBC Shortbread/ScotTory HQ to not be able to tell the two apart.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's quite easy to differentiate between saying you detest 'The Tories' as in a political party, and 'Tories' as in humans who vote for them.

Trust the losers at BBC Shortbread/ScotTory HQ to not be able to tell the two apart.

They can tell, they just choose to interpret it this way for obvious reasons.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I detest people who vote Tory.  If detestable people didn’t vote Tory then detestable Tories wouldn’t be elected.