Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

We’ll look back on this in a few years and remember that the leader of the country resigned partially due to trans rights controversy and all normal people will think how absolutely insane that is. Just like gay rights, minorities and women’s etc. 

I said this to a friend this afternoon.

12 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Celebrations in Labour circles the length and breadth of the UK at today's news. It's like they believe winning every Scottish seat is now a realistic target.

Are any SNP voters on here seriously thinking about switching to Labour at the next election? 

I’d rather shave my balls with a cheese grater than give those dirty b*****ds my vote.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

I couldn't give my vote to a party led by Forbes. I struggled enough with my conscience at the last SGE because Ash Denhom/Regan is my constituency MSP. I did end up giving her my 1st preference vote in the end, but I have regretted that decision ever since and will never give her my vote again.

I've always tried to be pragmatic about it and be realistic in accepting that any political party will, and should, contain people with differing views on 'matters of conscience', but it would be different for me if the party itself is led by someone who openly adheres to views I consider to be bigoted. I'm an atheist, verging toward antitheist, but the mere fact she's an adherent of an organised religion doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's the views she holds. There are plenty of homophobic people with dark-ages views who aren't in the slightest bit religious, so the two don't always go hand-in-hand, but whatever her justification for it, or whatever the reason for her adopting the positions she holds, I couldn't give my backing to a party that considers her fit to be First Minister of Scotland. It's completely discordant with the 'progressive' narrative the SNP have strived for over the past 20 years.

Lord Mackay of Clashfern the son of a railway worker in Sutherland rose to be the Lord Advocate of Scotland and one of the senior law officers in the UK, a briliant mathematic and physics mind he was a lifelong member and elder of the Free Church, he attended the catholic funerals of two colleagues which resulted in him being dismissed form the Church. 

That is the type of discipline that the Free Church maintains.

Mackay's Wiki is worth a read to fully see his achievements from a humble beginning.

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Celebrations in Labour circles the length and breadth of the UK at today's news. It's like they believe winning every Scottish seat is now a realistic target.

Are any SNP voters on here seriously thinking about switching to Labour at the next election? 

Yes, I see the Guardian is hyperventilating wildly but when you are platforming the likes of Jim Murphy then you are straining the readers' credulity.

I'll freely admit that my conviction to the SNP has waned over the last twelve months as their political judgement has at times been found badly wanting, but today's news at least offers the possibility of a coherent reboot.

To answer your question though, I had no intention of returning to Labour at 9am this morning and nothing that has happened since has convinced me otherwise.

33 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I have no love for any of the political parties but my vote went from Labour to the SNP after the 2010 GE.

Absolutely not a chance would I vote Labour again.

I guess any swing to Labour (if there is one) would be at a Westmisnter election where some may revert to voting SNP at Holyrood and Labour at Westminster.

That said, it took far too long for people to realise SNP in the constituency and Green on the list was actually a good strategy.

58 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yep, they're already talking about getting a huge number of seats at the next General Election in Scotland (up from 1 😂) but them being totally bereft of policy ideas, pathetic showings at FMQs, and hoping people will flock to them because, well, new SNP leader, is taking optimism and hope to whole new levels. 

Absolutely no way would I consider voting Labour.

3 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

😂

She failed to make a coherent economic case of why you would want to vote for an independent Scotland

or even spent any time trying to 

Ignored setting up a Scottish national energy company,  just watched as our renewable wealth being sold from beneath us

Never even really talked about it 

Also, I am sure that plenty of those roasters identify as working-class. There is probably a fair amount of them who don't have an awful lot, and have really been feeling the pinch lately. I just don't understand, after everything that has happened recently, how they can justify to themselves being that invested in the British state.