The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I think he's played his best games in midfield. Against Motherwell he was excellent.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Can't agree. He's technically not bad but just doesn't impose himself there.

I'll concede I wasn't at Motherwell but against Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and St. Johnstone he didn't really do anything for me.

Let's hope this isn't a debate we need to have - and for the right reasons.

I posted elsewhere that Hodson is not a left-back; is not as good as Paul McGinn at right back and has no creativity whatsover for midfield.  Cammy MacPherson is a better option than Hodson.  And allegedly he is one of the highest paid.  We would be better giving our young player more experience than helping Sevco.

Edited by NorthBank

popped into the thread as its quite busy - pleased to see Edwards seems to have failed and hopefully hurt his career a bit, given he triggered his clause to leave us about 5 minutes after we were relegated.

Couldn't believe Hearts signed him, as he was quite shit for most of his time with us. Ran around a lot, sometimes kicked people, that's about it.

10 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

popped into the thread as its quite busy - pleased to see Edwards seems to have failed and hopefully hurt his career a bit, given he triggered his clause to leave us about 5 minutes after we were relegated.

Couldn't believe Hearts signed him, as he was quite shit for most of his time with us. Ran around a lot, sometimes kicked people, that's about it.

Can't say we weren't warned :lol:

13 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Guess Cammy Smith isn’t joining United then and it’s fake news guess you’ll need him for the relegation battle after all 

Still sense he'll be gone; not sure what the delay is. Maybe you've got competition. 

Don’t have twitter but apparently div has tweeted Jeff king? Anyone know what original tweet was?

Stubbs is a c**t who signed a bunch of absolute c***s.

He was on the hunt for a solicitors in Scotland. Dunno why he couldn't have just googled it.

Could be seen as we are trying to pap him and he is looking for legal advice to see where he stands.

Ryan Edwards been getting some amount of pelters too. Feel sorry for some of these guys, not up to the job but its not their fault.

Fans just extremely pissed off. We should have been looking to have a season similar to Livi's, instead we have had a total shitmare so far.

1 hour ago, mylothedog said:

Over the next week or so we will find out if Gus is worth his wages. There must be players lined up to come in given the amount of first team players who have gone. Over to you MacPherson.

Gus will prove his worth when he takes over as manager lol

P.s I genuinely hope Oran is the man

24 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He was on the hunt for a solicitors in Scotland. Dunno why he couldn't have just googled it.

Could be seen as we are trying to pap him and he is looking for legal advice to see where he stands.

Ryan Edwards been getting some amount of pelters too. Feel sorry for some of these guys, not up to the job but its not their fault.

Fans just extremely pissed off. We should have been looking to have a season similar to Livi's, instead we have had a total shitmare so far.

I too feel sorry for some of these guys. They simply were not up to it but that's not their fault. Stubbs underestimated the quality required or overestimated the ability of the guys he signed. I thought Div's comment was harsh. Of course King would have signed for a Premiership team given the chance. It didn't work out - just let him go to where he'll get a game. As for Edwards he tried his best which admittedly wasn't good but no-one could say he didn't put in the work.

I thought Div's comment was out of order actually. I assume I must be missing something and Jeff King's tweet had something to do with St. Mirren, but even still.

As for Edwards, he came to the club, tried hard, it didn't work out for either party. He wasn't great, in fact he was infuriating at times, but some of the comments were over the top. Fans should have had the good grace to wish him well (and many did).

The embarrassing tweeting directly to Josh Heaton irked me a bit too. I didn't see too much in his comments to get worked up about really. Fair enough if commenting on a thread to say you don't think someone is up to it or the club should get rid, but sending tweets directly to a player to have a pop is a bit embarrassing. Doesn't give a great impression of the fans or the club.

It's easy to have a pop at the duds on social media and some of it is pretty embarrassing. If someone who was decent had asked for recommendations for something they'd probably have got help, because it's one of the duds it's used as a stick to beat him with. Funny how nothing is said about some of our youth players, who are on the fringes of the first team, liking and retweeting Rangers stuff.

Anyway, bit pissed off we haven't signed anyone yet. I know I'll get called a knicker-wetter, other teams aren't signing folk and there's loads of time until our next game but all we've been hearing for the last few months is how everyone is looking forward to the window and that we're scouring the country and further afield for players. On that basis, I assumed we'd have two or three guys coming in as soon as the window opened, so to be a week along and not have brought anyone in is a bit odd.

11 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Don't really get the hate for hodson. I think he's done ok. If it's cos he's on loan from rangers then folk need to fuckin grow up.

I wouldn't mind if we keep Hodson, but wouldn't be too bothered if he went back to the blue bigots.

When he's played at RB he's been O.K.

29 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Don't really get the hate for hodson. I think he's done ok. If it's cos he's on loan from rangers then folk need to fuckin grow up.

It's because he's too small. No matter where we loaned him from that won't make up for his lack of height. 

Tbh, I never understand why anyone would read what footballers are tweeting. You can guarantee they are almost always likely to tweet some inane dribble that doesn't make sense. Exception being Peter Crouch.