The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 hours ago, Torfason said:

I can’t see Baccus being interested in a move to Bolton, it wasn’t that long ago they nearly went bust.

I think thats a couple of League One clubs in England been quoted to be interested in him. I'd very much doubt a club at that level will pay our valuation of the player (whatever that is). His international recognition should surely set us asking for 500-700k upwards based upon his remaining time on his contract.

17 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

I think thats a couple of League One clubs in England been quoted to be interested in him. I'd very much doubt a club at that level will pay our valuation of the player (whatever that is). His international recognition should surely set us asking for 500-700k upwards based upon his remaining time on his contract.

Bolton reportedly spent £500k on a player in January - https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23282403.bolton-wanderers-make-burtons-victor-adeboyejo-10-year-transfer-high/

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

Says the  ITK man. Some of us read news online. Apologies if that up stets you.  

Mate, nothing about being ITK. The news you posted was put on here two pages previously on Sunday night and was posted by the Daily Record.

That's why it's funny.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mate, nothing about being ITK. The news you posted was put on here two pages previously on Sunday night and was posted by the Daily Record.

That's why it's funny.

Honestly did not see it. Anyway let's hope we get good players in. 

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Liam Donnelly from Killie linked to us and Dundee.

Hopefully Dundee win that race, never been a fan of him.

Agreed, and he's also very injury prone. If we do sign him this thread will also be infested with killie fans claiming we are signing their cast offs and natural order is about to be resumed.

55 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Liam Donnelly from Killie linked to us and Dundee.

Hopefully Dundee win that race, never been a fan of him.

We need other positions before looking at the midfield surely? Also Robo didn't seem linked to him when he was leaving Motherwell, why now? Is it the fact he has been a utility man before playing at CM/CDM/RB/CB? Maybe then takes the Flynn role on the bench? 

26 minutes ago, Div said:

The only way I'd take Donnelly would be if it was in a straight swap deal with Brophy going the other way.

I want rid of Brophy as it hasn't worked out for the length of contract given, number of goals in a saints shirt and doe the money he is supposed to be on. 

My issue with this swap would be moving one injury prone player for another.

I do love the style of play now and identity we have as a team that if he fits into this and is better than what we have I will trust the management team. 

Donnelly has moments where he looks pretty good. 

Unfortunately, those moments are incredibly fleeting and he spends most of the time either injured or running around like a headless chicken giving the ball away. 

Take him, please.