The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Wasn’t there a Stereo One in Paisley too? Down Moss Street then turn right under the railway bridge?

Did it not start as Snoopys? Under the bridge on left hand side which is now a barbers I think.

Bolton News now saying Wanderers have pulled out of the deal to sign Baccus - no reason specified but there was a suggestion it might be related to a dodgy knee?

Sounds spurious to me but I'm sure it will come out in the wash - either way it looks like he's staying with the Buddies for now.

Hopefully he'll command a lot more money than we can afford if you sell him.

All the best and thanks again for your hospitality on here - until the next time.

:cheers

4 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Bolton News now saying Wanderers have pulled out of the deal to sign Baccus - no reason specified but there was a suggestion it might be related to a dodgy knee?

Sounds spurious to me but I'm sure it will come out in the wash - either way it looks like he's staying with the Buddies for now.

All the best and thanks again for your hospitality on here - until the next time.

Yeah, but what does that have to do with closed record shops in Paisley?

33 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

When he returned from the World Cup he had a niggling injury but still played although not showing the form he had displayed prior to the WC. Didn't think it was anything serious so strange if true although he played for Australia v Argentina only 2 weeks ago with no mention of an injury.

Anyway, have a good season and hope you get the promotion you are looking for.

28 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Apparently Gallagher Lennon, Neil Lennon's son, is training with St Mirren.

He's been on the books at Partick, only 17 years old so I guess will play more in the youth teams initially.

link 

Titanic, etc....

Too soon?

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

This is strange, thought it was a done deal. 

18 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Nah, just saw a headline on the BBC website saying ‘Chinese spy balloons spotted over Asda’… 

St Mirren strip looks good, so Wagner special forces no longer plan to steam into Ferguslie Park… that was the other headline. Maybe. 😀

FTFY

Have to say I like new top. I've not been overly impressed with Macron until now.

It got me thinking, have we ever gone back to a kit maker? It seems that every few years we change supplier, and I know that brands tend to appear and disappear, but I can't remember ever having gone back to a supplier we'd had previously.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Could we?

Would we?

Should we?

He's heavily linked with Motherwell I see but wonder if we'll throw our hat into that discussion.

I'd be quite happy if we signed him, I think he'd be good for the younger boys as in his pomp he was a very good player.

Just now, houston_bud said:

I'd be quite happy if we signed him, I think he'd be good for the younger boys as in his pomp he was a very good player.

Can argue his legs are going but there's not many in the division better at winning attacking headers and 9 goals in 33 for the worst team in the league last season is a good return.