The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, KTID26 said:

You could pick any number, Sure your signing stategy is to pick up the players that Killie and Motherwell release.

You’ve made some decent signings mate but calm down ffs.

1 minute ago, McG said:

Joe was a favourite of mine, he was good at the back and provided a threat up top, he could even swing a decent cross into the box. I wouldn’t mind if he left and we replaced him with better but we haven’t replaced him with better.

We appear to be weaker at present for sure 

1 minute ago, McG said:

6 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Slower than Gallagher? Joe wasn’t perfect but he’s a threat in the opposition half as well as a decent defender. We’re weaker without him 

Regardless of whether he’s slower than Joe, one is under contract and one wasn’t. 
Joe was rightly earning good money and the manager wants to use that wage elsewhere and Joe was out of contract so he moved on.

If we had just come off a terrible season then I would be more concerned but we finished top six so I trust Robbo’s judgement in how to best use the limited budget he has and if the comparison is with Gallagher, then paying out his contract to offer Joe new terms would have been mental.

55 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Another embarrassing League Cup result. Long long line of them, dating back decades 

The good thing about the current format is that we can rack up a few embarrassing league cup results every season as opposed to being limited to one.

1 minute ago, DumbartonBud said:

Begining to suspect that Robinson had a lucky few months last year, came in after Goodwin and messed up the end of the season, limped into top six and another league cup disaster looming. 

Good for you.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

I honestly do believe he thinks we are still rivals. @Busta Nut do Hamilton fans behave this way with you guys?

To be fair they did aye. Everyone was like "aww, look how cuddly they are!" but towards the end it got annoying cos they were the jobby that wouldn't flush. So we did celebrate a decent bit with 2 relegations for them.

2 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

WELL WELL WELL......another "mauling" at the hands of another team whose initial letter is M.

Delicious.

"Hey Dad, what's it like to see Morton win a competitive game in Paisley?"

"Fuxake son, I'm only 16. Go ask your Grandad, he's 28 and got the day off Nursery to see it".

Early days i know, but the last 2 performances have been poor. Plenty of the ball in both but no idea what to with it. 

Just got to hope the next few signings are going to make the difference, and that Baccus is back soon.