The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I take everything Robbo says to the media with a massive punch of salt to be honest.

Even if the much discussed extra striker doesn’t materialise there is no chance we go into the period to January with just one left wing back in the squad.

On that note Tanser has been brilliant so far this season, one player who very seldom gets the credit he deserves.

42 minutes ago, Div said:

I take everything Robbo says to the media with a massive punch of salt to be honest.

Even if the much discussed extra striker doesn’t materialise there is no chance we go into the period to January with just one left wing back in the squad.

On that note Tanser has been brilliant so far this season, one player who very seldom gets the credit he deserves.

Tanser has been excellent in the cup games and the league games, probably our best player so far this season. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves, he’s got a cracking left foot. 

58 minutes ago, Div said:

Always impressed with his heading as well - wins so many 

52 minutes ago, McG said:

Tanser has been excellent in the cup games and the league games, probably our best player so far this season. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves, he’s got a cracking left foot. 

The new structure definitely helps him. Having Kiltie in front of him just gives him that added cover defensively, and someone to play closely to in an attacking sense.

I feel that Tanser copes far better when we have some width in front of him. When he's playing wingback and we don't have any wide midfielders or wingers ahead of him he can struggle.

To me, Tanser seems to be a total confidence player. When his confidence is down he can be absolutely stinking. When confidence is high, and he plays well - we play well.

He was excellent at the weekend.

Consistency is the thing with Tanser.

When on form he is excellent, and demonstrates why we were keen to bring him in from Perth. He's not always that, and yes, that's why he's playing for us and not another team.

3 hours ago, Div said:

...there is no chance we go into the period to January with just one left wing back in the squad.

No? I have a feeling if he doesn't fancy someone specific he'll go into this thinking McMenamin is LWB cover, albeit pushed more forward into the midfield rather than defence, with us going 3 at the back.

That's not to say, if we end the window with no cover for Tanser we won't be brining in trialists just to check.

Defensively we have three players defending each side , often crowding out players and winning back possession, Tanser seems to be benefitting from this . I think  the issue many have with Tanser is that he is on a big wage , he is injury prone and a better replacement could be brought in on less wages , a bit like Brophy . That said , an on form Tanser is a very good player .

17 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Defensively we have three players defending each side , often crowding out players and winning back possession, Tanser seems to be benefitting from this . I think  the issue many have with Tanser is that he is on a big wage , he is injury prone and a better replacement could be brought in on less wages , a bit like Brophy . That said , an on form Tanser is a very good player .

Where do we see the players individual wages as I've never seen them to decide if someone is on a "big" wage or not ?

Surprised nothing mentioned on here for the 5 options for the fan-designed third kit vote.

I like option 1 but it doesn't go with the black badge. Option 5 also looks pretty good with the Paisley Abbey window motif forming the basis of the shirt but looks more pink than red.

Option 4 is suitably mental enough to be a 3rd kit - looks like a big fucking teacake and I don't like the White/Gold colour palette of the other two.

1 just edges 5 for me though.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Surprised nothing mentioned on here for the 5 options for the fan-designed third kit vote.

I like option 1 but it doesn't go with the black badge. Option 5 also looks pretty good with the Paisley Abbey window motif forming the basis of the shirt but looks more pink than red.

Option 4 is suitably mental enough to be a 3rd kit - looks like a big fucking teacake and I don't like the White/Gold colour palette of the other two.

I'm all for the Tunnack's option :)

44 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Not sure where this chat about Tanser being injury prone comes from.

Last season he played 30 league games and the year before 31 games.

I think he's more prone to getting injured during games and having to come off, rather than being out injured for periods of time.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I was just about to post this, but having taken a late lunch you beat me to it.

That red paisley patter kit is absolutely beautiful. 😍

Screenshot2023-08-1713_48_58.thumb.png.67f940c23c3f81cea686071296065e18.png