The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

On 10/12/2023 at 08:11, RandomGuy. said:

Surprised Tanser was playing after having to come off with a head knock during the week, tbh.

Guess football will eventually take head injuries seriously, but ReSuLtS COmE FiRst!!! Etc.

Why the f do you constantly post on a St.Mirren page? Is it because you’re lonely up in Perth with no fans to talk to?

If I was you I’d be more worried about Levin putting out a team with no strikers.

You fake Saints have punched above your weight for years and it’s about time you went back to the seaside leagues. 

Fuckity bye 

AGM was on tonight. Pretty run of the mill. Obviously a great improvement on last years financial situation. Still a loss which would have been worse without dome insurance payout, etc. 

Keith Lasley spoke well about the club strategy. 

https://www.stmirren.com/club-news/5160-st-mirren-club-strategy-paisley-people-performance-2

Robbo spoke well about the squad. Discussed quality vs quantity and the recruitment strategy now and moving forward. We have 19 outfield players. Club looking to extend big Zachary’s loan deal. Improving links between first team and academy. Recruitment of “cheaper” players on short term contracts leading to longer deals working well so far. Eg Taylor and CBM. Selling factor of club really good due to the location of the club, the training facilities , international recognition of existing players that we can point to but Robbo hates the international call ups understandably. 😂 
He is really pleased with a certain Mr Scotty Tanser. Says he’s arguably been the best LWB in the league.
Club will be chasing for compensation for Ryan Strain once 28 day FIFA rule kicks in. Would have likely lost Strain for Asian cup which runs from Fri, 12 Jan 2024 – Sat, 10 Feb 2024. 
Club in discussions with third parties (including Council) about dome replacement. 

PS:

Spoiler

Robbo also said xG guy from Perth is to be ignored or laughed at. 

On 12/12/2023 at 00:01, Friskysteed said:

Why the f do you constantly post on a St.Mirren page? Is it because you’re lonely up in Perth with no fans to talk to?

If I was you I’d be more worried about Levin putting out a team with no strikers.

You fake Saints have punched above your weight for years and it’s about time you went back to the seaside leagues. 

Fuckity bye 

BINGO!

22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Those talks will just be a lot of hot air.

My coat is on standby. Again.

I was going to ask that they make sure the drawings/map for the replacement dome are accurate and that all parties agreed but that would have been a bit mischievous. 😂 

Edited by Molotov

6 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

For whatever reason, can we assume SR has gone off Small now?

No. I’d say that Small is primarily cover for Tanser on left hand side. This new player is a RB so covers the gap left by Strain injury. 
There is always the slight chance that Small is taken back in January by Southampton. 

Edited by Molotov

4 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Tanser and Strain first picks with Small and Elvis as backups maybe……Flynn won’t last forever and is out of position, Strain might be off this summer…..you get the picture, we definitely need cover back there.

7 minutes ago, Mac28 said:

He might be another Robbo project player that wont feature a lot this year. He played in the Icelandic league last year

Big difference is that he's played 120 games at League 1 and League 2 level in England from age 19-23. He's a lot more experienced than you'd expect a project player to be and a lot more so than either Taylor or Boyd-Munce.

I'd guess at him being 2nd choice RWB with an eye on him being Strain's permanent replacement if he fits the squad well.

Edited by djchapsticks

30 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Judging by this footage, he's certainly a better fit to the Ryan Strain role than anyone else we have in the squad.

Smart business by the club I think. With a bit of luck he might be good enough to be Strain's replacement for next season and beyond.

^^^^  this. Think Small is up to speed and can cover but Elvis will get time to settle in and learn the SR way.

If he's able to adapt and grow, chances are good all round

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I don’t think so. He, rightly, praised him after his display against County and he’s nailed on to start on Saturday. 

I knew as much about Bwomono as any other Buddie before he was announced (i.e.  nothing) but his highlights* suggest he could be an ideal replacement for Ryan Strain. 

*Yes , I know highlight reels are massively selective.