The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Shocking decision by the SFA. Expected it to be honest. Will miss Bolton on Sunday

We'll just need to rely on big Mika tearing up the green bigot defence.:)

Based on our outstanding performance against Hibs last Saturday and our win against Dundee midweek, coupled with Celtic's last two performances, this surely promises to be a real opportunity for us to win this tie! 

We're obviously going to miss Kwon, who had a great game on Wednesday, and the shocking decision by the SFA I think rules Bolton out. However, I am unusually confident.

Clearly Celtic remain favourites and 2nd January's result is still fresh in my mind, but I have a wee bit of hope. 

Sad to see ticket sales are very poor. I would have thought going into a one-off cup tie on good form might have galvanised our support. West Stand literally looks half empty.

It's a clear red card. What part of barreling into an opponent's standing leg doesn't meet the criteria of "endangers the safety of an opponent"?

The actual outcome of the challenge isn't relevant.

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's a clear red card. What part of barreling into an opponent's standing leg doesn't meet the criteria of "endangers the safety of an opponent"?

There was a challenge in the English premiership almost exactly the same the other night.

Guess what?

An initial booking, which wasn't changed after a VAR check.

Our referees are, by and large, card happy and incompetent to boot.

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

No worries Mr McLean.

18 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Hope we stick with Mandron up front tomorrow. James Scott has still to really settle in so far. Hope to see him kick on tomorrow

He looks a bit short on confidence at the moment, but definitely a player there. A goal or two soon and he’ll kick on.

17 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Taylor to start and Baccus on the bench. 

Baccus will start.  He was given time on Wednesday on return from the Asian Cup to get him up to speed for tomorrow to replace Kwon.

Manager has a decision to make between Taylor & Dunne.  Given that Dunne has been getting some game time lately when late CH subs are made, I feel he may get the nod although I’d prefer Taylor to start. 

Edited by callum-g

I'm not sure that Taylor deserved to lose his starting spot, but since he's been relegated to tbe bench it seems that Robinson has placed Dunne ahead of him when it comes to substitutes. Odd IMO since Taylor has been reliable and Dunne can be a bomb scare.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not sure that Taylor deserved to lose his starting spot, but since he's been relegated to tbe bench it seems that Robinson has placed Dunne ahead of him when it comes to substitutes. Odd IMO since Taylor has been reliable and Dunne can be a bomb scare.

To be fair Bolton has been superb. Fraser is more reliable than Taylor and Dunne so its a good problem to have.