The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Right. Now the dust has settled.

I know that there were some of our own support who were sceptical when Tony Fitzpatrick said our aim was top six and European football.

However, I think it's time to call out the fannies from other teams and the pundits in the media that pointed and laughed at him.:)

GIRUY!

Not to mention Alan Stubbs, who said as much while stopping slightly short of naming Tony.

8 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Not to mention Alan Stubbs, who said as much while stopping slightly short of naming Tony.

That clown was getting his excuses in early as he realised he'd signed a lot of complete dross.

Just been reading a 60 year old Killie fan was hospitalised with serious injuries after he left the stadium. Witnesses said St Mirren fans some as young as 12 set about the 60 year old.  Been saying for over a year that a bad lot has attached its self to W7. A 60 year old hospitalised for supporting his team is this what it's come to absolutely disgusting. 

Still can’t believe full time dead on 90 minutes yesterday , It’s been mentioned on other social media platforms but I’m surprised not on here . 

So in the first half we had players needing treatment on 2 occasions & the penalty VAR = 3 minutes added time.

Yet  in the second half we had six separate substitutions slots, including Joe Hart taking an eternity having his going away do , shaking hands and hugging everyone as he went off, the trainers on the field 3 times including a lengthy one for Stephen Welsh , plus 1 ( albeit very short ) VAR check. Yet there was no added time at all !!!

Can you imagine that scenario at next weeks cup final ??    So one of the arse cheeks is 1 goal up in similar circumstances and the ref blows for full time - there would be fucking riots ! 

Season over, and we weren’t watching Livingston, St Johnstone, Ross County, Hibs, Aberdeen, or, god bless their cotton socks, Partick Thistle. Motherwell less than stellar too. St Mirren, Killie, and Dundee fans probably pretty happy heading towards their holidays. The uglies and to a lesser extent, Hearts I couldn’t care two shites about.

Anyway. Great start, iffy middle, and slightly nervy end, but overall - job more than well done. Get Infantino to deliver the European sleeve patches directly to the stadium.

Great season. Despite some dodgy decisions we made Europe. We now move in to the what and who time. 

Cant beat recruitment etc. Now we have the added bonus of who we get in Europe. 

Will be interesting to see where the Aussie boys go and if Kwon or Hemming return. Will there be bids in for Mandron etc. 

Bring it on 

1 hour ago, callum-g said:

Still can’t believe full time dead on 90 minutes yesterday , It’s been mentioned on other social media platforms but I’m surprised not on here . 

Have a look at the match thread. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Just been reading ..

..got a link?

Let me be clear, I am not denying we can have idiots in our support, sad as it is, and it's pretty irrelevant whether it's football related or not as you don't want people being assaulted on the street, period. Even if there was some provocation, and I'm not suggesting there was, is an excuse.

That said, nothing on the BBC site or, more interestingly on the Kilmarnock thread (which is where you would expect something like this would turn up). There is a mention on Glasgow Live which says a 55yo was attacked by 2 men, on Causeyside Street near Forbes Place. So wrong age and not involving kids (going by that story), although it did happen on the 11th just after 5pm, which would be just after we played them, and the location is central enough to suggest that a fan walking back from the ground may end up. The police (again, according to the article) do not seem to reference football when asking for witnesses.

--
          Update: https://news.stv.tv/west-central/police-hunting-gang-of-youths-after-man-60-seriously-injured-in-paisley-assault

So STV has this story, which does have a 60yo being attacked on the 11th and this one is in Ferguslie, which is much closer to the ground and involves a "group of youths". So I'm guessing that is the source link?

Definitely a closer fit  than the Glasgow Live one.

--

I'm just always wary when an unsourced comment says, "I was reading this story..."/"witnesses said..."

In terms of the club, even if these were St Mirren fans I am not sure if the club can ban them as it happened miles away from the stadium, although you would hope that there is some way the club and the fanbase can distance itself from such violence.

Edited by Ric

Good to see young Aiden Gilmartin scoring such an important goal for Stranraer yesterday. Should do his confidence the world of good for next season, wherever he’s playing.

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Just been reading a 60 year old Killie fan was hospitalised with serious injuries after he left the stadium. Witnesses said St Mirren fans some as young as 12 set about the 60 year old.  Been saying for over a year that a bad lot has attached its self to W7. A 60 year old hospitalised for supporting his team is this what it's come to absolutely disgusting. 

Battered a young girl as well, they were picking out their victims. If they want to scrap at least pick on someone with similar interests. Killie have been attracting a few dafties so we’re not perfect but so far they haven’t went as low as that.

2 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Battered a young girl as well, they were picking out their victims. If they want to scrap at least pick on someone with similar interests. Killie have been attracting a few dafties so we’re not perfect but so far they haven’t went as low as that.

This is not on we are supposed pride ourselves being a community family club.  Last season me and a mate were about to be attacked when they seen my Saints badge on my polo shirt and moved on. I can handle myself even at 64 then. But when you have a bunch of wild chimpanzees wearing balaclavas coming at you I did not hold out much hope. Sent a e-mail to the club who wrote back saying they have received other e-mails of that day and would be brought up at board level. I got brought down on here for making it up. It's been a growing problem that needs curtailed. Police are investigating the 60 year old incident . Attacking a wee girl also shows the mentality of animal culture.

3 hours ago, Killiefan said:

*sigh*

There was the disabled fan at Livi, too. These guys are not the Northbrook lads, but probably sit in W7. 

Remember seeing some absolute welt that was clearly in his mid-30s trying to actually fight with stewards as you scored against us in one of your home games earlier this season. He spent the majority of the game hanging out with your young crowd and was genuinely more interested in trying to goad the Dundee support and kept beckoning people to meet him outside.

It was fucking strange behaviour and I noticed he was the exact same in the next game we played at the SMiSA. Bizarre behaviour that needs to have a stop put to it early or it just influences the younger generation that he's weirdly hanging about with.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Remember seeing some absolute welt that was clearly in his mid-30s trying to actually fight with stewards as you scored against us in one of your home games earlier this season. He spent the majority of the game hanging out with your young crowd and was genuinely more interested in trying to goad the Dundee support and kept beckoning people to meet him outside.

It was fucking strange behaviour and I noticed he was the exact same in the next game we played at the SMiSA. Bizarre behaviour that needs to have a stop put to it early or it just influences the younger generation that he's weirdly hanging about with.

Was he a shaved head guy?

57 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

This is not on we are supposed pride ourselves being a community family club.  Last season me and a mate were about to be attacked when they seen my Saints badge on my polo shirt and moved on. I can handle myself even at 64 then. But when you have a bunch of wild chimpanzees wearing balaclavas coming at you I did not hold out much hope. Sent a e-mail to the club who wrote back saying they have received other e-mails of that day and would be brought up at board level. I got brought down on here for making it up. It's been a growing problem that needs curtailed. Police are investigating the 60 year old incident . Attacking a wee girl also shows the mentality of animal culture.

Don’t think you’re going to be the only club with these problems in years to come, seems to be theme arriving.

Posted (edited)

Djurgardens (Swe), Omonia (Cyp), Vitoria de Guimaraes (Por), Astana (Kaz), Riga (Lat), Hajduk Split (Cro), AEK Larnaka (Cyp), Ararat-Armenia (Arm), Vaduz (Lie), Brann (Nor), Tromso (Nor), Hacken (Swe), HB Torshavn (Far), Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih (Ukr), Progres Niederkorn (Lux), Puskas Akademia (Hng), St Patrick's Athletic (RoI), Ilves (Fin), Cliftonville (NIr), TransINVEST (Lit), St Mirren (Sco), CFR Cluj (Rom), Maccabi Haifa (Isr), Spartak Trnava (Svk), FC DAC 1904 (Svk), Fehérvár (Hng).

Edited by Buttocks Brown

For all the nonsense from @RandomGuy. about us lacking ambition and being happy with 5th moving into the split as Killie were out of reach………..his team seen here with the not getting relegated trophy 🏆.

IMG_0068.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Torfason said:

For all the nonsense from @RandomGuy. about us lacking ambition and being happy with 5th moving into the split as Killie were out of reach………..his team seen here with the not getting relegated trophy 🏆.

IMG_0068.jpeg

M8, just enjoy your Summer and look forward to Europe, it's really not that serious.