The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

A committed, fully fit Baccus starts every week. You only had to look at the difference he made coming on against Dundee then finished the season strongly against Hearts & Celtic.

Sure he’ll go on to bigger and better things than Mansfield, who should look forward to earning some money off a transfer fee before the end of his contract there. 

New keeper expected in the next few days. Definitely a position that needed improvement so I’m looking forward to seeing who comes in.

IMG_2128.jpeg

1 minute ago, SS77 said:

New keeper expected in the next few days. Definitely a position that needed improvement so I’m looking forward to seeing who comes in.

IMG_2128.jpeg

Hopefully not another loan and w get someone who could be here for at least a couple of seasons.

Urminsky clearly isn't seen as someone who can step up. Maybe he's happy as a number 2, but you'd think he'd want to get out and play.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Not usually one for posting on this thread and especially as it's not St Mirren related, but just to add a bit of context to Randoms usual dramatisation. They were moving into a brand new stadium after that game and the old stadium was a vandalised mess. They did rip off and set advertising hoardings etc on fire though. New stadium is a cracker, just a pity the team are about as good as Morton.

12769-thumbnail.jpg.5d75d8968659eb50c524baf231701b73.jpg

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I said some advertising hoardings. I got sent first hand videos of them setting the fires all through the night. The fire service just kept it from spreading outwith as it was due to get torn down anyway.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

12769-thumbnail.jpg.5d75d8968659eb50c524baf231701b73.jpg

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

As I said some advertising hoardings. I got sent first hand videos of them setting the fires all through the night. The fire service just kept it from spreading outwith as it was due to get torn down anyway.

Now now, lads, this thread is a place of peace and harmony these days.

Squad Update

(I think they have missed Elvis)

Under Contract 2024/25

James Bolton, Shaun Rooney, Scott Tanser, Richard Taylor, Mark O’Hara, Jonah Ayunga, Mikael Mandron, Conor McMenamin, Greg Kiltie, Alex Gogic, James Scott, Caolan Boyd-Munce, Toyosi Olusanya, Marcus Fraser, Lewis Jamieson, Kieran Offord, Peter Urminsky, Fraser Taylor, Ethan Sutherland.

Offers Made

Ryan Flynn, Luke Kenny and Gallagher Lennon.

Leaving the club

Keanu Baccus, Charles Dunne, Alex Greive and Ryan Strain. 

Returning to parent club

Jaden Brown, Zach Hemming and Hyeokkyu Kwon.

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

A committed, fully fit Baccus starts every week. You only had to look at the difference he made coming on against Dundee then finished the season strongly against Hearts & Celtic.

Sure he’ll go on to bigger and better things than Mansfield, who should look forward to earning some money off a transfer fee before the end of his contract there. 

I can't imagine anyone would want to stay in Mansfield for very long...

24 minutes ago, medals said:

Squad Update

(I think they have missed Elvis)

Under Contract 2024/25

James Bolton, Shaun Rooney, Scott Tanser, Richard Taylor, Mark O’Hara, Jonah Ayunga, Mikael Mandron, Conor McMenamin, Greg Kiltie, Alex Gogic, James Scott, Caolan Boyd-Munce, Toyosi Olusanya, Marcus Fraser, Lewis Jamieson, Kieran Offord, Peter Urminsky, Fraser Taylor, Ethan Sutherland.

Offers Made

Ryan Flynn, Luke Kenny and Gallagher Lennon.

Leaving the club

Keanu Baccus, Charles Dunne, Alex Greive and Ryan Strain. 

Returning to parent club

Jaden Brown, Zach Hemming and Hyeokkyu Kwon.

Is this official,  have we made Flynn an offer of a new contract and has it been announced officially Dunne and Grieve are away too ?

With a deal seemingly not possible for Hemming would be some laugh if Robbo kissed and made up with Carson 😅😅😅

OK, OK, I’m amending my McMenamin prediction for 2024/25…

Play him on the left,

Or play him on the right,

Conor will be great next year,

And certainly not shite.

Everyone’s happy, there’s no ‘Gogic in midfield’ vibes, we can all enjoy our summer holidays, the Conference League draw, the Euros, and that sleekit wee kunt Sunak’s general election. Easy the Mirren.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Is this official,  have we made Flynn an offer of a new contract and has it been announced officially Dunne and Grieve are away too ?

With a deal seemingly not possible for Hemming would be some laugh if Robbo kissed and made up with Carson 😅😅😅

Official site

Flynn Offered a player/coaching contract

Edited by medals

36 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

He got a 2 year extension last May.

Ah cheers, thought it was only one.

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

OK, OK, I’m amending my McMenamin prediction for 2024/25…

Play him on the left,

Or play him on the right,

Conor will be great next year,

And certainly not shite.

Everyone’s happy, there’s no ‘Gogic in midfield’ vibes, we can all enjoy our summer holidays, the Conference League draw, the Euros, and that sleekit wee kunt Sunak’s general election. Easy the Mirren.

Never mind the team, what’s your thoughts on the (still unofficial) new strips?

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Just to confuse the top topic 

GOP2YxeWoAAiYGf~2.jpeg

Horrendous. The proper kits in the first leaked images are crackers.

2 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Never mind the team, what’s your thoughts on the (still unofficial) new strips?

Haven’t seen them yet. Just in from a few days in the East Neuk of Fife. Will have a look.

Just now, SS77 said:

Horrendous. The proper kits in the first leaked images are crackers.

The first one looks genuine to me. The above ones were just posted online in twitter land.