The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

See if you end up with a midfield of Doyle-Hayes, Smyth, and Kiltie, I'll be very jealous.

No chance of us going for Doyle-Hayes. 

Boyd-Munce plays a very similar role to JDH and has been excellent in doing so.

Would imagine any other centre mid coming in would be an attacking minded one with the intention they would be more in the mould of Spittal. 

6 hours ago, Stan Bo said:

Could you post Oisins graph @RandomGuy.

Seems like he's played all over the place last season so may skew his stats slightly 

Have to go back to before Oxford for one, as he didnt play enough minutes to make any for Oxford.

smyth.thumb.png.8092757cea207ec2fab87d8b4bf751a1.png

Hes really well rounded tbh, and I feel well suited to Scottish football. Such a smart signing.

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

FFS you've not written letters to Smyth as well have you?!

Never wrote any messages to Doyle-Hayes tbf. Told Saints to have a look at him the Summer you signed him, and brought Smyths name up to Saints before he joined Oxford.

One day I'll find a player and suggest them before everyone else is already aware of them and making moves 😂

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

No chance of us going for Doyle-Hayes. 

Boyd-Munce plays a very similar role to JDH and has been excellent in doing so.

Would imagine any other centre mid coming in would be an attacking minded one with the intention they would be more in the mould of Spittal. 

Boyd-Munce could be the next player we struggle to keep a hold of imo, I really fancy him to kick on next season. Just had his first cap for Northern Ireland as well, so hopefully he comes into next season flying. 

He’s shown his ability to play deadly through balls on the odd occasion, think it was St Johnstone at home where he had the ball on edge of the box going nowhere before reversing a pass into Kiltie who went on to score. His set piece delivery is mostly excellent and he can whip in those flat crosses with pace in to areas that keepers and defenders have trouble dealing with. Towards the latter part of the season he was keeping Baccus out the team on merit, and I think as an all round player he probably brings more to the team than Baccus did. Expect he will be a mainstay in midfield for us this season. 

Goalkeepers

Urminsky, Balcombe

Defenders

Gogic, Fraser, Bolton, R.Taylor, Tanser, Bwomono, Sutherland, Rooney

Midfielders

O'Hara, Kiltie, Boyd-Munce, F. Taylor, Smyth

Forwards

Ayunga, Olusanya, Jamieson, McMenamin, Mandron, Scott

Edited by Buttocks Brown

44 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Goalkeepers

Urminsky, Balcombe

Defenders

Midfielders

O'Hara, Kiltie, Boyd-Munce, F. Taylor, Smith

Forwards

Great to be this sorted weeks before pre-season.

Looks like initial cover in all positions.

I'd like at least one more midfielder, a LCB and a guy who scores for fun.

Hoping Balcome stays fully fit and is amazing and Rooney finds his best ever form.

Not long now.

Edited by medals

51 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Goalkeepers

Urminsky, Balcombe

Defenders

Midfielders

O'Hara, Kiltie, Boyd-Munce, F. Taylor, Smith

Forwards

I'd be tempted to drop Kiltie into forwards given he mostly plays wide in our 5-2-3. We definitely need another CM, I think, but as Medals says, fantastic to know that we have got our first team ready already.

7 hours ago, medals said:

Great to be this sorted weeks before pre-season.

Looks like initial cover in all positions.

Kenny, Lennon and Flynn to add to the list as well if they sign new deals. The former 2 may head out on loan again mind you.

8 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Is there any update on where Ryan Strain will be playing his football next season?

Not heard anything. He's been away with Australia and I assume he's still under contract with us so presumably we'll hear after the end of June.

I know you guys had put an offer on the table for him but I can't imagine the interest is ending there.

43 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Not heard anything. He's been away with Australia and I assume he's still under contract with us so presumably we'll hear after the end of June.

I know you guys had put an offer on the table for him but I can't imagine the interest is ending there.

I think it's the norm for contracts to finish at the beginning of June.

You would have thought that if he was joining a club that would be a step up in his career that we'd have heard at least a few mentions in the media by now.

Although the media only seem to want to focus on linking the two arse cheeks to every player in the world that is made available for transfer.

I think I've seen about a dozen 'keepers mentioned that are supposed to be replacements for Joe Hart.:rolleyes:

UEFA should announce further details about the first and second qualifying round Conference League draws tomorrow afternoon. 

They may regionalise the draw (as they have done in previous years) so should find out then. I can see Shelbourne, who are in the first round draw, are stating it will be regionalised but nothing official from UEFA yet. 

If indeed regionalised, it just means the list of our possible second round opponents whittles right down. Hopefully we won't get drawn against one of the first round teams as we won't know for certain where we're going until a week before the first leg. 

Edited to add: we could still draw a team from outside our region though, as Hibs did last year when they got that team from Andorra. Hibs ended up with them as Faroes team from our region lost to the Andorran mob in the first round. 

Edited by saintmurn

12 hours ago, saintmurn said:

UEFA should announce further details about the first and second qualifying round Conference League draws tomorrow afternoon. 

They may regionalise the draw (as they have done in previous years) so should find out then. I can see Shelbourne, who are in the first round draw, are stating it will be regionalised but nothing official from UEFA yet. 

If indeed regionalised, it just means the list of our possible second round opponents whittles right down. Hopefully we won't get drawn against one of the first round teams as we won't know for certain where we're going until a week before the first leg. 

Edited to add: we could still draw a team from outside our region though, as Hibs did last year when they got that team from Andorra. Hibs ended up with them as Faroes team from our region lost to the Andorran mob in the first round. 

I'd much rather it was regionalised. Can you imagine trying to get to Kazakhstan?

55 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'd much rather it was regionalised. Can you imagine trying to get to Kazakhstan?

I know, but if we draw a team in Wales or Ireland and get turned over it would be a total damp squib.

One of the Baltic teams would be my preference, would they fall into our region as they're northern Europe or is it an east/west thing?

41 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I know, but if we draw a team in Wales or Ireland and get turned over it would be a total damp squib.

One of the Baltic teams would be my preference, would they fall into our region as they're northern Europe or is it an east/west thing?

It's never going to be exact as UEFA don't tell anyone how they work it out, but this should be pretty close. 

As much as the price of a pint is high and assuming the regional split happens, anywhere in Scandinavia would also be great. 

20240609_141752.jpg

Edited by saintmurn