The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Let me just say anaw, I heard he was kicked out a pub when Celtic were playing in Europe, yet everyone keeps referencing the weekend. So I dunno what's what.

Too early to bring out his P45. No one knows what he has done yet and what the outcome will be. 

He has told the club who have rightly made moves to protect the reputation of St.Mirren.

We have had Lavety and Gow on the wrong side before. 

Players make mistakes. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until the club clear this up. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This. If he was 18 you'd say he's got a lot of growing up to do and it's a wake up call.

At 28 he's all the man he's ever going to be and it's long since past the time when he should be screwing the nut. Of course, there may be mitigating circumstances that we won't know until more details are public but the point stands, at 28 you're no a daft boy any more, so really, this 'ach he's just a lad' patter doesn't fly.

Yeah no-one knows the full context of what happened. When you are a well known face in football out on the town, whether its been provoked or not, you have to have sense of self awareness and exclude yourself from any potential dangers of getting yourself in to bother.  

5 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm disappointed in the lack of completely unsubstantiated internet rumours. I'm going for him having done something bad involving puppies (maybe very cute kittens).

Heard he called a chippy a "chipper", and his thoughts on the name of a certain sausage are vile

9 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Yes, a shitehole in all forms, famous for GMS somehow ending up in the Kelvin after a night there.  

That place is absolutely cursed; folk getting stabbed, folk getting murdered, cars mysteriously crashing into it and bursting alight. 

"Fitba player gets into bother in town" stories are pretty constant and always have been - and tend to get swept under the carpet (I might be remembering badly - but I don't think Motherwell even made a statement when Calum Slattery was up in court) - so either St Mirren are being very principled about this (and fair play for that) or the Rooney one is a bit higher on the seriousness scale.

53 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Heard he called a chippy a "chipper", and his thoughts on the name of a certain sausage are vile

If we've failed to carry out due diligence and have signed a player who does this, then we deserve everything we get tbh.

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

That place is absolutely cursed; folk getting stabbed, folk getting murdered, cars mysteriously crashing into it and bursting alight. 

It was a decent enough pub in the mid 80's when I was at Glasgow Uni. It was called The Exchequer. 

Used to be rammed with parents taking their graduate offspring there for lunch during graduation days.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

"Fitba player gets into bother in town" stories are pretty constant and always have been - and tend to get swept under the carpet (I might be remembering badly - but I don't think Motherwell even made a statement when Calum Slattery was up in court) - so either St Mirren are being very principled about this (and fair play for that) or the Rooney one is a bit higher on the seriousness scale.

Still can't quite believe the league didn't punish him for that while Kyle Lafferty was given a 10 game ban for something that happened in another country.*

*righlty so.

1 minute ago, Pizzo said:

Still can't quite believe the league didn't punish him for that while Kyle Lafferty was given a 10 game ban for something that happened in another country.*

*righlty so.

Fair point - and one that might be getting dredged up pretty soon when Rooney is up in front of the Hampden beaks.