The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

When the directors put a ban on Alan from the stadium and he said he would take legal action this was only going to go one way . It's going to get messy can see big changes at board room level when all this is played out in court. Sad it's got to come to this . 

The 4 SMiSA representatives on the club board go tomorrow, who replaces them? You best have 4 suitable candidates lined up. From previous elections there’s been a dearth of candidates, as little as one in some votes. So I’d be interested to hear what your proposal is. I suspect I and the majority of others already know what you are getting at.

The instability brought about by wholesale changes is exactly what the club is really needing.

On 14/05/2023 at 11:35, FTOF said:

I'm totally bored by the entire situation.

No surprise the cooncil are making a rip roaring James Hunt of it too.

I voted against The Kibble getting involved, so I'm not really bothered whether they remain or they get ousted.

If you look around at most other clubs, there's always some sort of issue doing the rounds, which opposition fans couldn't give a toss about, much like our current situation.

The only reason anyone outside the club is aware of the current situation, is because a petulant little nobody, who has displayed levels of self-aggrandisement previously unbeknown to humankind, has gone crying to the press.

My major worry is that Robinson and/or Lasley get an offer from elsewhere, look at children arguing in the playground, and eff off to the aforementioned elsewhere.

I'm thoroughly bored reading the guy's name now.

Gie's a signing....

Did the banning letter ever make it onto the “tin pot” thread?

I’d be surprised if a joker from another team has not pounced on this news. What will happen tomorrow night? Anyone going? Is it being live-streamed by Div? If so get the popcorn in.

10 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Did the banning letter ever make it onto the “tin pot” thread?

I’d be surprised if a joker from another team has not pounced on this news. What will happen tomorrow night? Anyone going? Is it being live-streamed by Div? If so get the popcorn in.

They should be streaming it on pay per view. Watching old guys argue about stuff no one else cares about would be box office.

14 minutes ago, SS77 said:

They should be streaming it on pay per view. Watching old guys argue about stuff no one else cares about would be box office.

f**k no, remember that Falkirk meeting? I can't even remember the gist now but that was the last time anybody was talking about them for reasons other than getting pumped in the third tier.

25 minutes ago, SS77 said:

Or we could record the zoom meeting for social media likes as per Handforth Parish Church. 

9 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

The 4 SMiSA representatives on the club board go tomorrow, who replaces them? You best have 4 suitable candidates lined up. From previous elections there’s been a dearth of candidates, as little as one in some votes. So I’d be interested to hear what your proposal is. I suspect I and the majority of others already know what you are getting at.

The instability brought about by wholesale changes is exactly what the club is really needing.

So is that how it works?

Each year all 4 SMISA reps on the board get removed and replaced by another 4?

That seems like a strange way to do it, and if the board is 4 SMISA 2 Kibble, then the only continuity on the board would be the Kibble reps - that surely can't be right.

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

After Killie and that Hearts second half, anyone got tips on how I can get myself banned from the stadium?

Did you not manage to get any incriminating information or photos when you worked on the Love St farewell book?

I wish you (or the club) could make that available online in digital format.

Same goes for a lot of old books that I’ve no clue where they are anymore.

Perhaps the money raised through online sales could be put to good use?

We could build a “well-ness centre” for all of us affected by shit the bed antics by our team and board of directors.

IMG_1802.jpeg.f9ec0c4c3f367a3636e9d1b87b631c8c.jpeg

Edited by Molotov

25 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

So is that how it works?

Each year all 4 SMISA reps on the board get removed and replaced by another 4?

That seems like a strange way to do it, and if the board is 4 SMISA 2 Kibble, then the only continuity on the board would be the Kibble reps - that surely can't be right.

I think he was being hypothetical - asking what would happen if the SMiSA board members were to leave because they'd been forced out.

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

"Before I finish, just so you know, I'm loaded and have actually spent quite a lot of money on you plebs "

The sad thing is, because of the way he has gone about it, the focus is now on his behaviour, rather than what we should be talking about, which is increased transparency from SMISA / St Mirren / Kibble and how we resolve differences between all those organisations. Wardrop may have a point, but its been completely lost due to his bizarre "look at me" behaviour.

Still dont think he should have been banned though. If they banned every St Mirren fan who behaved like a fanny, the stands would be empty.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

f**k no, remember that Falkirk meeting? I can't even remember the gist now but that was the last time anybody was talking about them for reasons other than getting pumped in the third tier.

That was incredible. 

The club doesn't need this public spat going on. This is a crucial time of the season when results matter and we are looking to bring in potential targets. 

Wtf does Wardrop hope to gain from airing this in the media?. 

He should now conduct his business properly and stop this public farce

17 hours ago, GAD said:

What do you think is going to get played out in court? You think someone is going to be sued? Or there will be criminal charges? What are you expecting here?

It's not what I want I'm stating a fact Alan  Wardrop has taken legal advice if what has played out in the press is true then to my eyes Alan Wardrop has a strong case . It does not need to play out in court . 

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

It's not what I want I'm stating a fact Alan  Wardrop has taken legal advice if what has played out in the press is true then to my eyes Alan Wardrop has a strong case . It does not need to play out in court . 

He has a strong case for what? You said, and this is a direct quote- "It's going to get messy can see big changes at board room level when all this is played out in court". What case do you think Wardrop has that he can bring to court?

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

He has a strong case for what? You said, and this is a direct quote- "It's going to get messy can see big changes at board room level when all this is played out in court". What case do you think Wardrop has that he can bring to court?

Seriously bruised ego and the knocking him off of his pedestal.