The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair enough but I'd expect at least sonething official from the club unless it was cos he's for U18s.

Or you could’ve just believed me. 😀

My source was every bit as solid as a club announcement. The player himself. 👍

I reckon you’re right though that he’s been signed as a youngster and didn’t warrant an announcement. 

4 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Apparently Willie Miller was the best penalty box in Europe during the eighties .

He certainly was without doubt the top referee in Scotland, what a talent he had carrying out both duties as a defender and a referee.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've got a 6 figure fee for someone who was never going to play for you, i struggle to see why anyones moaning. 

We are not known as St Moan for nothing! We have a reputation to keep up and some of our supporters like to even boo when the team wins!

I’ve just heard @djchapsticks is still moaning that St Mirren never scored a 5th goal last Saturday!

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

We are not known as St Moan for nothing! We have a reputation to keep up and some of our supporters like to even boo when the team wins!

I’ve just heard @djchapsticks is still moaning that St Mirren never scored a 5th goal last Saturday!

Fucking right I am. I'd have got £190 for my tenner. 

Looked a stick on for at least good cash out after an hour.

4 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

Edinburgh City have just taken Kieran Offord on a year long loan.  Any thoughts on him? (I appreciate he’s still young and not played much)

Looks decent as a prospect and we have just extended his contract by another season. Maybe not ready for football week in week out at top flight level but could certainly do a turn in League one

2 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

Big loss - sure poor if the rumours are true but the fact remains he was a points winner and anyone who thinks we are better defensively this season I fear may be wrong. Don’t underestimate the experience that Joe, Dec and Trevor bring to a team. I’m not doom and gloom but I’d say we are definitely weaker at this point

I wonder if the Carson deal is a bit like the Lewis Morgan to Celtic transfer. Dundee might lend him back to us for the rest of the season. I could see that working