The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Good performance from us. Did well in the first half, although didn't create much, then coped reasonably well with what Motherwell could throw at us in the second half.

Tremendous hit from Boyd-Munce - assumed he'd get signed in March and binned in the summer but he's proving to be a tremendous asset. Taylor was excellent as well, especially his distribution, and it was a great save from Hemming.

Also a good laugh that Kettlewell whined about no VAR meaning they didn't get a penalty and one of our guys sent off, failing to acknowledge we would have had the same.

24 minutes ago, medals said:

6 wins on the spin. 

Now 7 would be heaven

Lookin' quite good at the moment, we're obviously competitive with our nearest rivals and after last season I trust Robbo to get it right more often than not - lookin' forward to a strong rebuttal of this post from our resident Eeyore!

Edited by btb

Another game defining moment from Zach Hemming on an afternoon when as a team we barely put a foot wrong.

Only valid criticism is that it should have been more.

What a team 🏁🎉🥰

Boyd Munce was outstanding. Really beginning to look a bargain. He doesn't deserve to be dropped when O'Hara is fit. 

Gogic strolled the game and as for Taylor he was superb. He is going to make the club a fortune. 

Strain for me has gone off the boil a bit. He was good but not up to his usual standard. 

Is Robbo the best manager we have had in ages?

35 minutes ago, btb said:

Lookin' quite good at the moment, we're obviously competitive with our nearest rivals and after last season I trust Robbo to get it right more often than not - lookin' forward to a strong rebuttal of this post from our resident Eeyore!

We lost some well regarded pros, but look at the less we'll known guys SR has brought in... CBM, RT, Hemming, McMenamin, Mandron and Toyosi (could have scored 3 today - so he is getting into great positions now, we just need him to relax and become more clinical.)

Still think we can improve too as well as bring in more depth for the long season with those long cup runs.

Great start to the season for you guys. I know there has been a bit of back and forth behind the scenes with the board/fans/sponsor etc however over the last few years (probably 5) St Mirren have done a great job of just gradually improving themselves as a club. It’s early days but probably favourite for the final top 6 spot assuming that Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs are top 5. 

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Great start to the season for you guys. I know there has been a bit of back and forth behind the scenes with the board/fans/sponsor etc however over the last few years (probably 5) St Mirren have done a great job of just gradually improving themselves as a club. It’s early days but probably favourite for the final top 6 spot assuming that Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs are top 5. 

The only problem is that can't see the problems...

Nice interview with CBM after the game: said it's the happiest he's ever been in football and it's a squad of mates.

Gogic and Taylor the standouts for me today. McMenamin is giving us something different this season and Olusanya, off the bench against tired defenders, is a great option to have.

Ahhh, can't beat the football when your team's doing well!

So far this season Robinson has solved a big problem and made us so much more dangerous. We look like we will score goals. Also, have to be honest, I was struggling to understand why he was holding back on the subs, which just shows why he's the manager and I'm not as he actually timed it perfectly, completely took the wind out of Motherwell's sails and 3-0 wouldn't have flattered us in the end.

13 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It looks like your recruitment has been good this window, I can see McInnes having a successful season.

I like the way he wants to play with Armstrong and Kennedy you have potential match winners.

The big striker Vassell gave us real problems last season and looks a really good player.

Too early to discount anyone for top six.

Edited by glenburn bud

12 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Thank you however unfortunately St Mirren have found a way to kick us in the collective stones over the years so anything is possible 😛

9 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Nice interview with CBM after the game: said it's the happiest he's ever been in football and it's a squad of mates.

Gogic and Taylor the standouts for me today. McMenamin is giving us something different this season and Olusanya, off the bench against tired defenders, is a great option to have.

Ahhh, can't beat the football when your team's doing well!

Boyd Munce looks like the happiest person ever. He plays with smile on his face. What a player

5 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Boyd Munce looks like the happiest person ever. He plays with smile on his face. What a player

Can’t remember when we had players with such accuracy from corners and dead ball situations.

Young Boyd Munce has hardly played any games at professional level, but what a cracking talent he is. 
McMenamin is also going to be a huge player for us this season.