The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

🙄 Another being judged as a dud before they've signed much less played?

It's apparently Jordy Siwala but who knows?

Whoosh!

6 minutes ago, medals said:

Have we signed any Spaniards since

St Mirren have signed Spanish trialist Antonio Guerao Mayoral Tonet

?

Nope. Two of the Spaniards playing against us on Saturday played at a decent level.

Mika Junco who just left his club in Finland on 1st January was one. Scored something like 26 in two seasons although I do concede that Lee Erwin was the best striker in Finland during his stint there.

The other who played a good level is Alvaro Vazquez. 33 years old and over 300 appearances in Spains top two divisions to his name.

Edited by djchapsticks

10 hours ago, hk blues said:

He did...

image.png.be91bd29a64e06015665f5142268c70f.png

McGowan went downhill as a player when he left St Mirren , he gave Dundee excellent service and was a very good player at Dundee . But did not reach the level of performance he consistently gave St Mirren for three seasons , if he had played like that for Hibs , Hearts or Aberdeen he would have played for Scotland.  

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Might be Jordy Hiwula?

Jordy Hiwula - Wikipedia

Ross County fans should be able to pass comment.

That's who I meant. Damn autocorrect. Think I've a South African in my FM save called Siwala. :lol:

Don't know much about him at all to be honest.

Edited by djchapsticks

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's who I meant. Damn autocorrect. Think I've a South African in my FM save called Siwala. :lol:

Don't know much about him at all to be honest.

59 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Might be Jordy Hiwula?

Jordy Hiwula - Wikipedia

Another one who's stats are pathetic hopefully not him he's certainly no better if not worse than what we have.

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

Might be Jordy Hiwula?

Jordy Hiwula - Wikipedia

Hiwula!

Looked great in his first pre-season against lower league opposition. Pace, movement, flicks, goals.

Then he came up against Craig Halkett in his league debut. Barely touched the ball since. Malky Mackay gave him five starts at the beginning of last season but there wasn't enough of a hint that he was going to hack it.

He offers a threat in behind but can't play with his back to goal. Given the amount of times he has been shunted to the wing in his career, because that would seem the logical thing to do if he can't play up front on his own, he plays like it's the first time he's ever been asked to think about marking a full-back or wing-back.

He might thrive next to a target man in a 3-5-2 but it never clicked with Jordan White.

Edited by bunglebonce

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Hiwula!

Looked great in his first pre-season against lower league opposition. Pace, movement, flicks, goals.

Then he came up against Craig Halkett in his league debut. Barely touched the ball since. Malky Mackay gave him five starts at the beginning of last season but there wasn't enough of a hint that he was going to hack it.

He offers a threat in behind but can't play with his back to goal. Given the amount of times he has been shunted to the wing in his career, because that would seem the logical thing to do if he can't play up front on his own, he plays like it's the first time he's ever been asked to think about marking a full-back or wing-back.

He might thrive next to a target man in a 3-5-2 but it never clicked with Jordan White.

So... Better or worse than Yoann Arquin?