The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Youre 100% making the top 6, surely its not up for debate?

Everyone below you will slit each others throat over the next month.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hopefully!

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shh it's St Mirren your talking about.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our next few games will tell if we can finish top 6. 

14 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Kwon is an outstanding player.

Absolutely, it was his  lung bursting run to get back  that was enough to put Beck off in that Dundee chance 

Edited by madmitch

10 hours ago, zildjian said:

Celtic are looking fragile at the moment. Hibs unlucky to not get anything the other night. Don’t want to get ahead of myself… just please don’t give up two goals in first 10 or get a sending off. 

Scottish Cup was always a special occasion in my mind so it's a bit of surprise to see how low ticket sales are. Hopefully sales will pick up in the next two days. 

Tough time of year and been a lot of games in quick succession so I guess add in the live TV coverag, who we are playing, and it being on the Sunday, then lower than usual ticket sales were to be expected.

But this is really poor with just 48 hours to go!

scottish-cup-saints.png

24 minutes ago, Div said:

Tough time of year and been a lot of games in quick succession so I guess add in the live TV coverag, who we are playing, and it being on the Sunday, then lower than usual ticket sales were to be expected.

But this is really poor with just 48 hours to go!

scottish-cup-saints.png

Blimey!! That's appalling!

Conversely, I'm up for the upcoming home games against St. Johnstone and Aberdeen. I went online to buy my tickets the other day and was pleasantly surprised by the number of tickets sold.

24 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Wonder if Bolton will get cleared today

I can't see any possible reason why it wouldn't be downgraded to a yellow which I assume in turn will mean he will still miss the next league game (Livi Away) but would be available for Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Div said:

I can't see any possible reason why it wouldn't be downgraded to a yellow which I assume in turn will mean he will still miss the next league game (Livi Away) but would be available for Sunday.

I agree, but it'll be a helluva boot in the haw maws for McLean given he stood by his decision after reviewing it.

That'll be another ref with it in for us going forward.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree, but it'll be a helluva boot in the haw maws for McLean given he stood by his decision after reviewing it.

If he's wrong, and he is, it is his fault not ours.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

His performance on Wednesday night showed he's already in that camp.

On 08/02/2024 at 12:26, medals said:

There in lies the problem in professional football at least in Scotland.  The standard of refereeing is far too low, and often their arrogance compounds their ignorance.

Actually spoke to someone from the SFA at a neighbours wedding. His response was refs are fine and fans know nothing. Its that kind of arrogance that seeps into the refs at all levels and does so much damage. 

Just now, Insaintee said:

Actually spoke to someone from the SFA at a neighbours wedding. His response was refs are fine and fans know nothing. Its that kind of arrogance that seeps into the refs at all levels and does so much damage. 

As I said in the Dundee match thread. There has been 2 Scottish officials selected for major international tournaments in the past 22 years. No world cups since Hugh Dallas in 2002.

Prior to this, there had only been one world cup since the 1960s without a Scottish referee.

There is absolutely a problem with official standards in this country and it's sticking the head in the sand for any of them to say there isn't.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

As I said in the Dundee match thread. There has been 2 Scottish officials selected for major international tournaments in the past 22 years. No world cups since Hugh Dallas in 2002.

Prior to this, there had only been one world cup since the 1960s without a Scottish referee.

There is absolutely a problem with official standards in this country and it's sticking the head in the sand for any of them to say there isn't.

Part of the problem for sure, we all remember when we were getting Polish refs and generally they were much better. 

On 07/02/2024 at 23:31, zildjian said:

Nothing worse than just entering the stadium to find out kick off delayed for 45 mins or so and it’s bloody Baltic.  

Good result and glad we got that second goal. Haven’t seen the red card but seemed a bonkers challenge for Bolton to make in a not very dangerous area and already on a yellow. Made for a nervous last 10!

I hope we can take advantage and climb the table. Killie have Celtic rangers Aberdeen and Dundee upcoming!

Our record against Celtic and Rangers this season sees a 50% win rate in the league.

Make that 100% for Aberdeen.