The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, Torfason said:

For all the nonsense from @RandomGuy. about us lacking ambition and being happy with 5th moving into the split as Killie were out of reach………..his team seen here with the not getting relegated trophy 🏆.

IMG_0068.jpeg

They got out of jail today after their worst season in years.

Hoping Levine stays in charge there.

RC should be good enough to beat Raith but you never know.

I'd prefer to have less plastic pitches next season or none in the top league and then ban them.

When are our PCA players being announced - possibly this week?

5 minutes ago, medals said:

I'd prefer to have less plastic pitches next season or none in the top league and then ban them.

Their last 3 seasons have seen a points tally of 31,33 and 30 - consistently shite if you ask me.

I see the BBC comment on the County game points out Aberdeen finished the season with more points than us. This is either total bias from their reporter or a total lack of understanding the system they are supposed to be commenting on . It reinforces for me how proud I am with what we've done and how others can't stomach us , or Dundee for that matter ,doing well.

Combined with the absence of injury time yesterday it shows how much is stacked against us and similar sides . I hope we don't screw up Europe and give them more excuse to lord it over us.

Rant over. Will pour another beer and enjoy sitting in the garden.

2 hours ago, medals said:

Perhaps someone can ask Robbo at the awards evening tonight who the PCA's are

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Oldchap said:

I see the BBC comment on the County game points out Aberdeen finished the season with more points than us. This is either total bias from their reporter or a total lack of understanding the system they are supposed to be commenting on . It reinforces for me how proud I am with what we've done and how others can't stomach us , or Dundee for that matter ,doing well.

Combined with the absence of injury time yesterday it shows how much is stacked against us and similar sides . I hope we don't screw up Europe and give them more excuse to lord it over us.

Dalbeattie Star got more points than us this season as well, they'll be after our European spot too!

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, Oldchap said:

No injury time was dreadful. Imagine it’s 2-2 and Celtic need to win would we have had no injury time then? Would the shirt pull on Mandron have been ignored had it been in our box. It’s disgusting 

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

£2.15M plus whatever the UEFA Solidarity payment was.

Screenshot_20240519_215007_X.jpg

If it is accurate it's about £ 1/2 million above Well, the Fakes and RC. £400k more than Hibs...

Plus we've got our euro money in addition that 6th to 11th plus Utd won't get.

Oh what a couple of rounds there could mean to us and a good run in the domestic cups would help too.

Giza few signings and a spectacular 2024/25 Season Santa please🎅 

9 hours ago, medals said:

If it is accurate it's about £ 1/2 million above Well, the Fakes and RC. £400k more than Hibs...

You've also got a ~£100k fee to pay to help maintain VAR.

Unsure if these prices are still accurate.

Screenshot_20240520_072021_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f42042e36d002a44d171bb2336f646da.jpg

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20240520_072021_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f42042e36d002a44d171bb2336f646da.jpg

The table says the prize money includes the VAR deductions 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Found this to be behind the paywall but it is available in the National. Baccus leaves with a lot of good wishes, he’s been a terrific young man to have about the team and the town. Hope he gets at least a shot at the Championship, then only one more jump to the holy grail of the Premier. Shame we won’t benefit financially, but other players will note his progress here. Awrabest Keanu!

Edited by Kempes

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think payments should not be based on league position but on how much you've benefitted from VAR.

So Killie should be paying about 80% of the costs, while we get money back, to be presented to us before the first game of next season by Greg Aitken.

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

£2.15M plus whatever the UEFA Solidarity payment was.

Screenshot_20240519_215007_X.jpg

See, that's where it all goes wrong for me, the fixation on money. I long for global warming and for Airdrie to be crowned league champions as theirs is the only ground still above sea level.

Airdrie - SPFL Champions 2074/5 and every season after that!

14 hours ago, Oldchap said:

They played weaker opposition for the remaining 5 fixtures of the season. 

15 hours ago, Torfason said:

For all the nonsense from @RandomGuy. about us lacking ambition and being happy with 5th moving into the split as Killie were out of reach………..his team seen here with the not getting relegated trophy 🏆.

IMG_0068.jpeg

You've got that wrong, it's not them celebrating not being relegated, it's them celebrating the fact they've guaranteed Levein another season as their manager.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes but what many don't realise is the more you pay for var the more they make decisions go for you.

Just look at all the dubious errors and the top 2 are the biggest gainers.  Question about Killie too, did they pay extra.

Trust they'll invest some of the fee training the operators from here on.