The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 minutes ago, weebud said:

Didn't SR say he was looking for a "pacey" forward too, I thought I heard that or read it somewhere.

He did. I hope he signs a penalty box striker.

I don't think we will sign a other centre half now. We have Fraser, Bolton, Gogic, Taylor and potentially Rooney that can play in various positions across the 3. 

Edited to add; I think Oisin Smith played a few games on the right of a 3 this season as well, albeit not his usual position 

Edited by Stan Bo

On 22/06/2024 at 21:17, djchapsticks said:

The shop was closed for 'retraining' today so assuming they are restocking with new stuff and expect launch early next week. 

St Mirren stuff or Celtic?  

Just checking.

Goalkeepers

Urminsky, Balcombe

Defenders

Gogic, Fraser, Bolton, R.Taylor, Tanser, Bwomono, Sutherland, Rooney

Midfielders

O'Hara, Kiltie, Boyd-Munce, F. Taylor, Smyth, Idowu

Forwards

Ayunga, Olusanya, Jamieson, McMenamin, Mandron, Scott

3 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Forwards

Ayunga, Olusanya, Jamieson, McMenamin, Mandron, Scott

I'd almost forgotten all about James Scott.

He clearly struggled when he joined, but he's just 24 in August, and if Robinson and the rest of the backroom staff could get him back to the form that got him his 7 figure move to Hull then he could be like what he effectively is - a new signing 🙂!

Seriously though, nobody seems to be talking much about him, but he's a Saint for the next 2 years - and I'm sure ROBBO won't have forgotten about him.

Edited by Bobby_F

39 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Is Devante Cole still without a club?

His contract with Barnsley ran out this summer,  but Cardiff and Huddersfield are credited with an interest in signing him. 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

His contract with Barnsley ran out this summer,  but Cardiff and Huddersfield are credited with an interest in signing him. 

I thought he had found a club

Pretty uninspiring signings this week. I didn’t really rate Brown at all whenever he played last season and a quick read of the Shrews forum isn’t great in terms of Idowu. For the most part they seem glad to get rid of him “headless chicken” “not league one standard” “waste of money” and a rather hyperbolic sounding “worst player ever to wear the shirt”. 🤷‍♂️

Time will tell I guess and we’ll just need to run with the time honoured “in Robbo we trust”. 

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Pretty uninspiring signings this week. I didn’t really rate Brown at all whenever he played last season and a quick read of the Shrews forum isn’t great in terms of Idowu. For the most part they seem glad to get rid of him “headless chicken” “not league one standard” “waste of money” and a rather hyperbolic sounding “worst player ever to wear the shirt”. 🤷‍♂️

Time will tell I guess and we’ll just need to run with the time honoured “in Robbo we trust”. 

I think we can all agree that the words of random fans on the internet are largely meaningless. I mean, there's been guys on this very thread slagging Ryan Strain.

Robbo's signing record is frankly astonishing at this stage so I'm unworried.

To those planning to go to Albania, you do know that the game will be in Shkoder which is 100km away from Tirana?

There are no trains between the two and AFAIK no buses in the evening.

When I was there in 2018 Saints fan Davy Provan (Davy Buses on Facebook) organised coaches to/from Shkoder but that was for Scotland, I've no idea if he would do similar for a club game.

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

To those planning to go to Albania, you do know that the game will be in Shkoder which is 100km away from Tirana?

When I was there in 2018 Saints fan Davy Provan (Davy Buses on Facebook) organised coaches to/from Shkoder but that was for Scotland, I've no idea if he would do similar for a club game.

I think there are regular buses during the day though. The plan might be Tirana first night, Shkoder second, and bus back to Tirana the following morning.

Reykavik would be a whole lot easier travel wise, if a lot more expensive and with the added issue of limited tickets for the game.

55 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Two words Toyosi Olusanya. 

Our own fans used more or less the same narrative with him. 

He now looks a player. 

Whatever Robbo does he can get a tune out of a player. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I think there are regular buses during the day though. The plan might be Tirana first night, Shkoder second, and bus back to Tirana the following morning.

Reykavik would be a whole lot easier travel wise, if a lot more expensive and with the added issue of limited tickets for the game.

I’m not sure tickets will be an issue in Iceland. It’s not as if we’re a big draw for their fans and I can’t imagine we’d take particularly big numbers.

If we needed a couple of hundred tickets (which is the max I think we’d need), I’m sure we’d get them. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

That’s part of the fun! I’m looking at trying to get there Wednesday mid-afternoon if connections allow and getting an airport bus to Shkodër. Likely looking at a Friday afternoon flight out (if I’m doing it on a budget) or spending a day or two exploring before a weekend flight back.

Trips like these don’t come along often, and I can’t say Albania was ever on my bucket list, but definitely want to make the most of the opportunity if it presents itself. If it’s Iceland, paying for it is Future Codfish’s problem.