The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

9 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Where is the bitter Morton supporters now. Selling stolen car stereos ? Wheel trims , crack or just worried about getting hammered from Jack Ross loyal army. LOL ! 

Still here, still enjoying the thread. That Ross has stayed in the end doesn't change how fun it was for the last couple of days.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

That Ross has stayed in the end doesn't change how fun it was for the last couple of days.

It really was like the Relegation Express thread in microcosm. We even had VT making a ratted twat of himself then disappearing. Standard, then.

I won't lie: I was really worried Jack was off. And I don't buy this 'it's ok if he goes to Aberdeen/a big club' thing, because actually his destination is irrelevant. We'd still be looking for a new manager and I doubt we'd get as good a manager through the door.

Anyway, looks like he's signing an improved deal, so that's all good. 

I know that's not really the point you're making, but there is not a chance that Ross is going to Aberdeen if McInnes leaves.

A bottom six Premiership club, underachieving relative to their budget with a long term aim of getting into the top six and establishing themselves there, are exactly the type of club who are going to take a shot on a manager doing a good job in the Championship.

The club who've had the second best team in the country for three years and are looking to not just maintain that position - with a rebuilding job to do and a side with a far larger budget challenging them - but to build on it, with the aim of more trophies and further progress in Europe, aren't going to go near a manager whose biggest success to date is keeping a team in the second tier. They'll be looking for managers who've already proven themselves in the top flight, be that someone who's gone to England and hasn't had it work out like Alex Neil or someone who hasn't had a shot at a club of Aberdeen's size yet like Tommy Wright. Ross won't even be on their radar, which is great news for St. Mirren, obviously.

The only way Ross is leaving is if a job like Motherwell, Kilmarnock or Dundee (again) comes up.

So, right, let's get this straight. I posted that he wasn't leaving, gave solid reasons why that was the case.

He has now come out and said, "f**k the Dee", primarily for the reasons I gave.

However in between those things, several members preceded to absolutely shit themselves with some Morton trolls being particularly apt in the auto-encopresis stakes,  Demonstrating perfectly that there is a considerable section of posters here who really shouldn't remove the safety labels from around their home.

So, in short, I was totally right, Ross isn't going to Dundee and for the reasons I gave. So, "yay! me!", and a "hilarious" meme for those who really should be embarrassed by their comments...

eqRQORy.jpg

20 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The only way Ross is leaving is if a job like Motherwell, Kilmarnock or Dundee (again) comes up.

Ross will stay at St Mirren; do well; gain experience; and then be off to a big club somewhere but not to relegation fodder in the Premier league. (And that includes us when we get promoted). Reckon he'll be off to Engerland myself. The recent carry-ons will also have boosted his reputation.

38 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I know that's not really the point you're making, but there is not a chance that Ross is going to Aberdeen if McInnes leaves.

A bottom six Premiership club, underachieving relative to their budget with a long term aim of getting into the top six and establishing themselves there, are exactly the type of club who are going to take a shot on a manager doing a good job in the Championship.

The club who've had the second best team in the country for three years and are looking to not just maintain that position - with a rebuilding job to do and a side with a far larger budget challenging them - but to build on it, with the aim of more trophies and further progress in Europe, aren't going to go near a manager whose biggest success to date is keeping a team in the second tier. They'll be looking for managers who've already proven themselves in the top flight, be that someone who's gone to England and hasn't had it work out like Alex Neil or someone who hasn't had a shot at a club of Aberdeen's size yet like Tommy Wright. Ross won't even be on their radar, which is great news for St. Mirren, obviously.

Lol.

On 2017-5-31 at 20:36, Dee Man said:

Odds just in on who is going to have the most monumental heads gone once Jack Ross is appointed as our manager:

Buddist Monk (fav) - Stopped taking bets

How's that working out for you buddy. Most would consider it a complete red neck to publicly call out people only to be made to look a complete fool yourself. In fact it's quite a feat, your desperate slavering has only backfired.

23 hours ago, virginton said:

The revised Kübler-Ross model of grief for P&B purposes: 

Stage 1: Denial

Stage 2: Anger

Stage 3: Whataboutery and Deflection

Stage 4: Bargaining

Stage 5: Depression

Stage 6; Acceptance

The thread has been rather heavy on the first half of the model so far. Delicious viewing. 

"Delicious viewing", indeed. You really have a stiffy for St Mirren. I can understand why, after all being a Morton fan means your club has failed to match us on and off the park and have failed to do so for decades. In fact, from memory, Morton fans have only seen their club finish above St Mirren in the league 4 times in the last 40 years. Forty. That works out at 10%. Flip that around and you have a 90% likeliness that St. Mirren will finish above Morton. Ninety percent. Crazy figures, just crazy figures, so you can see why some Morton fans are like they are. We should pity them, not castigate.

Even this year, their supposed best year since the late 80's. They have won nothing, lost out at the first hurdle at the playoffs, and even in the head to heads they can't even beat us - despite St. Mirren having one of the worst squad/manager combo's I've probably ever seen at the club.

Edited by Buddist Monk
..yeah, never mind about that.

I had a slight doubt in my head that he was going to leave, Dundee are in a better position for us, can offer more money (even if they are making losses, the manager only spends what he is allowed), you get more attention in the top flight so if he done well he would be more attractive, although pulling off the great escape earned him plenty of plaudits in the media.

At some point he will have to leave and go onto the next step of the managerial ladder, whether that will be a Premiership team up here or lower leagues in England, I did think it's at least a year too early for him, if he somehow gets us promoted this season and even gets a crack in the Premiership with us that will stand him in great stead for the future.

He could flop though, we might finish mid table or below again and he might not get a decent offer again.

f**k it who cares now, this has only boosted morale again so let's hope it boosts season ticket sales too and help pay towards a better deal for him and playing budget.

22 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

How's that working out for you buddy. Most would consider it a complete red neck to publicly call out people only to be made to look a complete fool yourself. In fact it's quite a feat, your desperate slavering has only backfired.

:lol:

Where have you been hiding ya c**t?

I'll tell you where - sat behind your computer screen on the St Mirren website constantly hitting refresh like this...

unnamed (3).gif