The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Christ on a fucking bike. 

Let me trim this riiiiight down for you, just for the avoidance of any lingering doubt. 

I mean. There's no ambiguity there. Nothing to clamber back from or to misinterpret. It's there on page 540 of this thread.

But not once did you say it. 

I know you think I'm being a dick here and that's fine. I probably am but you can't come out with an unqualified and non-factual statement like a sweetie wife then not only deny you said it but actively accuse others of making up what you said when it's there in text for all to see. 

I was 100% certain he had said "financially fucked", but now I'm 500% certain.

13 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Yes it's a lot of shit even if Stuart Gilmour is tweeting the same thing. 

He also didn't tweet the same thing. Not even remotely. 

He said that IF there is no budget, questions need to be asked given the money that has come in. 

He didn't say there IS no budget. 

Stewart Gilmour is a walloper - this was confirmed the day he said the planet faced armageddon if Rangers/Sevco weren't allowed to start in the Premiership, or words to that effect. 

One of my biggest regrets in life is seeing him too late outside Dens and not being able to get my window down quick enough to let him know what I thought of that particular uttering. Wee dick. 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Very true. Yesterday I told my editor I was going for my lunch when I was actually going for a haircut and to look for a birthday present. Although I did also get my lunch.

May or someone else?

I was alluding more towards the ‘Celtic run rule over PSG teenage star - Neil Lennon keen on a loan deal’ or ‘Gerrard to swoop for Neymar....’ selling shite to the uglies. That kind of thing. Not really talking about your brazen lying to simply secure your Greggs sausage roll lunch....

.... but you knew that. 😀

17 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Stewart Gilmour is a walloper - this was confirmed the day he said the planet faced armageddon if Rangers/Sevco weren't allowed to start in the Premiership, or words to that effect. 

One of my biggest regrets in life is seeing him too late outside Dens and not being able to get my window down quick enough to let him know what I thought of that particular uttering. Wee dick. 

He wasn’t perfect, but on the flip side, for many, many years, he ran St Mirren far better than some of the cnuts who were running Dundee. 

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I was alluding more towards the ‘Celtic run rule over PSG teenage star - Neil Lennon keen on a loan deal’ or ‘Gerrard to swoop for Neymar....’ selling shite to the uglies. That kind of thing. Not really talking about your brazen lying to simply secure your Greggs sausage roll lunch....

.... but you knew that. 😀

That is an utterly outrageous, baseless allegation and one I will not stand for. Greggs sausage roll indeed.

To be fair to him i'm pretty sure he said that on the basis that if the tv deal was fucked, in which case he was correct. Us losing out on 500k (or whatever the amount was) would have killed us off along with Killie and Motherwell iirc.

It was down to him and Roy McGregor that we didn't end up with that farcical 8-8-8 split or whatever it was.

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Stewart Gilmour has no knowledge of what's going on. 

Stewart Gilmour said that there was no chance Jim Goodwin would work under Gus and that Gus would be the next St. Mirren manager after Oran. 

He doesn't know what's going on within the inner workings of the club. 

If you look into conversations there are strong hints. I see its spilling over on BAWA now. Not from me I may add. 

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Apologies. Zinger twister?

You are grossly over estimating the eating options on offer in Dumfries town centre (although we do have two Greggs).

27 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

While that is true, he was one of only two chairmen who had the foresight to drown that fucking 8-8-8 plan at birth. Thank f**k.

Edit: just saw @sergie's no1 fan beat me to it.

Edited by Coventry Saint

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

If you look into conversations there are strong hints. I see its spilling over on BAWA now. Not from me I may add. 

What conversations? Strong hints of what? 

I'll level with you, I'm going to stop now as trying to have any sort of in depth conversation or reasoned discussion hurts my brain. It's like you go off on your own wee tangent about something else altogether. 

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

You are grossly over estimating the eating options on offer in Dumfries town centre (although we do have two Greggs).

Feck. If I’m guessing only what’s available in downtown Dumfries, I need to think harder. A bowl of gruel maybe?

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

While that is true, he was one of only two chairmen who had the foresight to drown that fucking 8-8-8 plan at birth. Thank f**k.

He was not perfect but must go down as one of our best chairman ever at least there was stability.  He also saved St Mirren from going bust. If he stands when fan ownership comes round he will get my vote. Funny when our chairman was acused publicly by Oran in national newspapers to stop telling lies our chairman zipped it. Nobody seemed to bat an eye lid . 

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

To be fair to him i'm pretty sure he said that on the basis that if the tv deal was fucked, in which case he was correct. Us losing out on 500k (or whatever the amount was) would have killed us off along with Killie and Motherwell iirc.

It was down to him and Roy McGregor that we didn't end up with that farcical 8-8-8 split or whatever it was.

He did talk about ‘armageddon’ if Scottish fitba’ didn’t ‘rally roon the Sevco’, and while his statement was misplaced, he didn’t just come up with that kind of talk off his own bat. He was given information from someone higher up in the Scottish game that indicated we were heading for severe financial problems unless we could serve up Old Firm derbies for TV and sponsors. Wonder who could have fed such information to him.

54 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

That's not what he said.

I sat in the boardroom and listened to what he had to say. I've been down this road before, but suffice to say, he was very much punting the armageddon line as a justification for sevco being gifted direct entry to the then 1st Division.

When I asked what this forecast was based on, he shifted in his seat before conceding that it was the claims of one Neil Doncaster  - the very man he had just referred to as a p***k

Edited by Drooper

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

He wasn’t perfect, but on the flip side, for many, many years, he ran St Mirren far better than some of the cnuts who were running Dundee. 

That is really not a high benchmark at all.