The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Historically, not quite true.

Ask Ravanelli or Burley.

Ravanelli told the club to keep the wages. Burley's wages were (mostly) paid to the hotels and tabs he'd run up over a couple of cities.

17 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

😂

Half of our team is loans and resigned players from last season. Calm it Janet. 

Fuck.

That was easy.:lol:

And I see another walloper has joined in. Although that walloper's contribution was a given.

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

I've watched Urminsky with the youth teams a few times and there is definitely a player there. I would say potentially better than Carson, but of course with a keeper there needs to be all of the mental side and it remains to see if he can step up to the big league.  I would not worry too much about him coming in. 

And for all the talk of Carson being a world beater I thought he was good and solid but not the best goalie we've seen in the last few years by a long chalk. 

Hemmings has kept 3 clean sheets in the group stages of the LC which is more than Carson did last year. 

I think people are perhaps upset at the way Carson appears to have left us. Taking all that away I’d say he was the best GK out of the previous 3. I’m never really keen on loaning someone else’s goalie possibly after the David Cornell episode. I don’t know enough about Hemming tho and he could be a great signing.

31 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The clamour to write off the lad Urminsky is peak St Mirren fans. 

He’s played one game against the blue vermin and had a bit of a wobble. 

Has anyone actually thought about the impact on his confidence, after that petulant fud Carson threw his toys out of the pram pre match.

When he should have given the young keeper some encouragement in what was a high profile game.

opportunities were few and far between for Urminsky, and when he gets his chance to show what he can do, Carson makes it all about him and his h** supporting family.

Absolutely he might be a good goalie. He will need a run of games tho and perhaps he’s being readied for this possibility 

31 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Aye and on the subject of money Div...I'm assuming thats why you've given the green light for Coors to f**k the site up!

What’s this about mate?

45 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Has anyone actually thought about the impact on his confidence, after that petulant fud Carson threw his toys out of the pram pre match.

When he should have given the young keeper some encouragement in what was a high profile game.

opportunities were few and far between for Urminsky, and when he gets his chance to show what he can do, Carson makes it all about him and his h** supporting family.

I'm certainly not writing him off. I do think at 24 (older than Hemming) he'd want to be playing more first team games. He's not had much of a chance with the keepers we've had in recent years, maybe he'll see some more game time this season. 

I think what worries fans about him is that he's pretty untested, so we're unsure what to expect.

Your point about Carson and possible impact that had on Urminsky's confidence before the Rangers game is a good one. I hadn't really considered that.

55 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I think Urminsky definitely needs a loan for game time.

He's in that horrible area of being too old for our Unders team but not experienced enough to be relied on as a first choice just yet due to playing no football at any level.

He needs to be playing week in week out for a league 1 or championship side.

8 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think they will be pissed off when  they get their taxi past Greenhill Road and realise its still two hours to Dundee .

Our first home game where they might finally see him at Greenhill Rd, if he gets picked. Warming up my vocal chords already. 

Boooooooooooooooooooooo

Carson, Carson, what’s the score

47 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

50k deal for Carson with the potential to rise by another 25k is good business all round. 

Thank you. 

The announcements is 6 figures so your numbers are off mate.

Hope you avoid relegation with huffy and Co in your team

1 hour ago, medals said:

The announcements is 6 figures so your numbers are off mate.

Hope you avoid relegation with huffy and Co in your team

Did Scott Burns not also suggest United gave you 6 figures for Gallagher?

7 hours ago, Div said:

Whether they played for you last season or are on loan, you still need to pay their wages Janet.

Well obviously. Which loans or resigned players do you think we’re breaking the bank for? We had three signed players at the start of the season so there was always going to be a lot of movement. 

7 hours ago, FTOF said:

Fuck.

That was easy.:lol:

And I see another walloper has joined in. Although that walloper's contribution was a given.

f**k sake, not the old fishing line response surely 😂

All this seethe for a 35 year old ‘keeper. Roll on the season. Good luck, buddies.