The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

He's also a paedophile 

Yep. He’s shite at football these days, unfit and he also comes with a ridiculous amount of off field baggage. Don’t want him anywhere near our club.

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm actually pretty angry that Griffiths is even being considered. I'm surprised at Goodwin too, a player's character has always seemed to be important to him. I haven't been to many games this season but if Griffiths signs I won't be back at St. Mirren Park until he's gone.

I’m thinking Goodwin just said yeah he’s on the list of free agents as a way of acknowledging the reporter who asked the question.

Anyway he’d be mad to consider signing someone with the previous amount of baggage that Griffiths comes with. Given the controversial signing at Raith of DG, it would bring the most unwanted tirade of negative publicity to our club.

Sorry Jim bin this one from the list of free agents.

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m thinking Goodwin just said yeah he’s on the list of free agents as a way of acknowledging the reporter who asked the question.

Anyway he’d be mad to consider signing someone with the previous amount of baggage that Griffiths comes with. Given the controversial signing at Raith of DG, it would bring the most unwanted tirade of negative publicity to our club.

Leaked to the press to see what our fans reaction would be.

It won’t happen, he is a nonce and fans wouldn’t be back.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'd take Griffiths on a week-to-week contract, or something. His fitness is the worrying thing, really. But there's no question that if he got himself fit and was motivated to play, then he would be a great asset. 

6 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

I'd take Griffiths on a week-to-week contract, or something. His fitness is the worrying thing, really. But there's no question that if he got himself fit and was motivated to play, then he would be a great asset. 

He’s a nonce mate.

Griffiths has more baggage than Euston Station's lost and found. What's more, it's clear he's coasting on previous exploits. The writing was on the wall for him at Celtic and when given the opportunity to reinvent himself with Dundee he's looked nothing but fat and unfit. That was the softest gig he could have got, at a club where the fans rate him, in a side that is struggling for goals, and yet he was more concerned about kicking flares into the stand than focussing on the last years of his career.

While I am not drawing a comparison between him and Goodwillie, you'd like to think that the furore surrounding his move to Raith would being a certain mindfulness to future transfers.

31 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Sorry I should have just upvoted your comment and not posted a reply as you'd covered it a page back.

Edited by Ric

32 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I hope you're right. I'd be surprised if Goodwin was considering him. We'd be better recalling Lewis Jamieson and giving him a run.

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I hope you're right. I'd be surprised if Goodwin was considering him. We'd be better recalling Lewis Jamieson and giving him a run.

My thoughts too, but I’m unsure as to the agreement with Clyde. Is it a loan deal that we have the option to recall him ?

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

My thoughts too, but I’m unsure as to the agreement with Clyde. Is it a loan deal that we have the option to recall him ?

I've no idea to be honest. Surely there'd be something in the contract in case of an emergency. There's also no point in recalling him though if he'd sit on the bench behind Erwin. Be as well letting the boy get games.

24 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Davidson has been talking to Griffiths along with Falkirk. 

We've really not been, that was just clickbait shite.

Our Head of Recruitment literally laughed at the story this morning.