The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Feel sorry for Brophy, clearly frustrated yesterday going off. 

Probably knows this was his last chance to prove his value for us next season. Hopefully he can get back playing before the season is out 

17 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Feel sorry for Brophy, clearly frustrated yesterday going off. 

Probably knows this was his last chance to prove his value for us next season. Hopefully he can get back playing before the season is out 

His frustration was probably because he'd already been in behind our defence about 4 times, just moving marginally early and being called offside, before the chance where he got injured, and a goal was inevitably coming for him from a flick on.

Watching Murray then score from that type of chance must've been sickening. 

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His frustration was probably because he'd already been in behind our defence about 4 times, just moving marginally early and being called offside, before the chance where he got injured, and a goal was inevitably coming for him from a flick on.

Watching Murray then score from that type of chance must've been sickening. 

What is going on with that pitch? Looks an absolute mess. I don't remember there being issues with the pitch in Perth before?

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

What is going on with that pitch? Looks an absolute mess. I don't remember there being issues with the pitch in Perth before?

Apparently the pitch needed ripped out and replaced after last season, but we ended up in the play offs so it couldnt happen. They tried a "quick fix" instead to make it last another year but as you can see, its not worked.

Wouldnt be surprised if the new houses being built everywhere are causing drainage issues too. Seeing it around other new housing estates that theres a lot more flooding happening.

16 hours ago, Molotov said:

So many fans of ours don’t darken the gates of Ibrox and Parkhead anymore for completely valid reasons. 

Ibrox is especially toxic and poisonous. 

I think over the next few days we will see a rise in number of tickets sold. 

COYS

Our last point there I think was the last minute Thommo goal which was arguably one of the best I’ve witnessed there over the years. 

How mental would it be to see Main do a Mad Monk on McGregor and Watt scoring a last minute winner via a Thommo style goal?

Was in the upper deck main stand for that game when the ball came from the wing to Thompson my wife was out her seat about to throw her hands up to celebrate. I got hold of her pulling her back into her seat before Thompson put it in the net.  God knows what would have happened had I not got hold of her. Still high from yesterday. I'm going to get a ticket for Ibrox and travel on the Rothesay Rangers supporters bus which should be fun. 

Not only was yesterday's result fantastic, results everywhere else apart from Aberdeen have worked out perfectly for us this weekend. 

No matter what happens now, we will go into the last game before the split against Killie in at least 5th position.

Hibs losing next week at home to Hearts (even though a draw would be preferable) would mean we'd have top six confirmed before we kick off at Ibrox.

On 02/02/2023 at 18:14, Buttocks Brown said:

Assuming that Rangers, Celtic or Hearts win the Scottish Cup (and Hearts finish 3rd)..... 

It looks like we're going to be in a kind of mini-league for the rest of the season with the top 2 getting into Europe.

Current standings:

1. St Mirren = 33

2. Livingston = 32

-----------------

3. Hibernian = 31

4. Aberdeen = 29

5. St Johnstone = 27

8 weeks on, time to update this.....

Can now bring Hearts into the picture. Top 3 into Europe unless Falkirk/ ICT beat one of the Old Firm in the cup final..... 

1. Aberdeen = 47

2. Hearts = 45

3. St Mirren = 44

-----------------

4. Hibernian = 40

5. Livingston = 39

How many times do St Mirren beat a top flight team and the opposition immediately sack their manager?

Ones I remember include 

Paul Le Guen - Rangers (1-1)

Tony Mowbray - Celtic (4-0)

Robbie Neilson - Hearts (2-0)

Anyone remember any other top flight sackings following a game against us?

9 minutes ago, Molotov said:

How many times do St Mirren beat a top flight team and the opposition immediately sack their manager?

Ones I remember include 

Paul Le Guen - Rangers (1-1)

Tony Mowbray - Celtic (4-0)

Robbie Neilson - Hearts (2-0)

Anyone remember any other top flight sackings following a game against us?

I think we were van Bronckhorst's final game too. I think Ross managed another game or two this season. Hammell got binned shortly after we beat Motherwell I think, can't remember how soon though.

A worrying amount of confidence on this thread and talk of making Europe. Years of supporting Saints has me convinced we're going to screw up a fantastic position, so until we have top six secured I'm not too fussed how we do it - if it's by Hearts winning next week then so be it.