The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Am I the only one who wouldn't want either Stokes or Goncalves? Stokes could start a fight in an empty room, and has more baggage than Glasgow Airport. Goncalves, who I don't think for a minute would drop down a league, was a revelation with us the first time, but I think it's an utter gamble thinking it'll happen again.

Ross will know these people far better than I, but from the outside these look like vanity signings that could easily f**k up our run in.

30 minutes ago, McG said:

We are definitely not signing Stokes or Murray.

What team does he play for give us a clue maybe the middle letter of the club and first letter of the club' post code and the last letter of the manager and if their pies are any good :P Is it true he has other offers and if not signed this January he will be off to another club last bit written on BAWA. 

I think it was this weekend last year that we re-signed the eldest McGinn.

We were at that point cut adrift at the bottom of the league and looking like relegation certainties.

Fast forward one year and we are 11 (Eleven) point clear at the top.

Even if we didn’t pick up another point we’d probably still be in the play offs - at the right end of the table.

Astonishing turnaround and great time to be a Saint!

I think it was this weekend last year that we re-signed the eldest McGinn.
We were at that point cut adrift at the bottom of the league and looking like relegation certainties.
Fast forward one year and we are 11 (Eleven) point clear at the top.
Even if we didn’t pick up another point we’d probably still be in the play offs - at the right end of the table.
Astonishing turnaround and great time to be a Saint!

Captain Fantastic - what a player he is. Constantly controls the game, breaks up opposition attacks, calms everything down, sets up attacks. Reilly, Morgan, C Smith, Baird all having brilliant seasons but McGinn is the man behind our whole season. Can see how much it means to him as well. Just love the guy.

19 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Captain Fantastic - what a player he is. Constantly controls the game, breaks up opposition attacks, calms everything down, sets up attacks. Reilly, Morgan, C Smith, Baird all having brilliant seasons but McGinn is the man behind our whole season. Can see how much it means to him as well. Just love the guy.

Obviously it was highlighted on the commentary, but both he and Jack Ross were livid at the way we started the game. He appeared to be bollocking everyone at one point :lol:

Sets the standard and makes sure everyone hits it. What a guy. :wub:

1 minute ago, paisleysaints said:
1 hour ago, McG said:
Believe we have we may have turned our attention back to a certain striker/attacking midfielder currently playing in our division.

Is there many players in this division that would get in this team??

The other lad from Livingston, maybe. Mullin. Though they're looking good for a playoff spot.

So Hippolyte, then.