The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is MacPherson one of our youth prospects?

He was shit last season, but it sure seems like that was down to him being in an abysmal side and a set up that exploited all his weaknesses.

Theres no real discussion now that he starts for us (when fit).

Yes Cammy came through our youth academy. He performed well enough but I would never say he was a “prospect”.

Other “prospects” down the years in (fully through our academy or partial when rejected by other clubs) include Stephen & John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Lewis Morgan.

We lost two “prospects” this season that we still keep tabs on - Dylan Reid and Ethan Erhahon. They may go on to greater careers. I hope they do. 

Nice guy Cammy but he was never going to be as influential after leaving St Mirren like John McGinn, Lewis Morgan and Kenny McLean who all became Scotland internationals.

I wished Cammy well when he joined St Johnstone. 

You clearly don’t like getting called out for your blatant hypocrisy.

I still hope Cammy has success in his career but he might need to leave a club where the supporters describe him as “shit”. 

Hopefully he has a relegation clause in his contract. 

Edited by Molotov

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, you absolutely reek of one of those weirdos who despises all your own clubs youth prospects.

Presumably every time your club goes on a losing run its because players are soft and need "their arses kicked" too.

Absolutely not :lol:

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I definitely don't either. I do think he's going to go on to be a good hand at this level though.

I have been wrong before though, I thought moving Jon McShane on was a massive error and his career fizzled out really quickly.

If we choose to move him on though, I'm also content with the fact that we'd get a six figure development fee for him.

As I've posted elsewhere, I'd imagine the development fee would be at least £100K. He's been with us since he was young boy.

You might get Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts meeting that fee, but I'm not sure that he's good enough for them. English league 1 or 2?

Should be interesting to see where he ends up.

Of course, depending on how this plays out, there's a slim chance he stays with us. 

7 hours ago, FTOF said:

As I've posted elsewhere, I'd imagine the development fee would be at least £100K. He's been with us since he was young boy.

You might get Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts meeting that fee, but I'm not sure that he's good enough for them. English league 1 or 2?

Should be interesting to see where he ends up.

Of course, depending on how this plays out, there's a slim chance he stays with us. 

I remember Steve Evans saying the top clubs in League 2 were paying £400K p/a so I’m not sure where the lads next move is as he would struggle to get a top of L2, bottom of L1 club.

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

I remember Steve Evans saying the top clubs in League 2 were paying £400K p/a so I’m not sure where the lads next move is as he would struggle to get a top of L2, bottom of L1 club.

Tell me who if anyone would take him on for even £50,000 a year?

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is MacPherson one of our youth prospects?

He was shit last season, but it sure seems like that was down to him being in an abysmal side and a set up that exploited all his weaknesses.

Theres no real discussion now that he starts for us (when fit).

Just pleased to hear he has been worth the outlay for you.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just pleased to hear he has been worth the outlay for you.

Hes been the best player we paid a fee for, without question. 

Which isnt a huge compliment tbf.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes been the best player we paid a fee for, without question. 

So you are now saying that Cammy MacPherson is a better player than 

Peter MacDonald

Paul Hartley 

Tommy Turner

Just to give you three examples.

13 minutes ago, Molotov said:

So you are now saying that Cammy MacPherson is a better player than 

Peter MacDonald

Paul Hartley 

Tommy Turner

Just to give you three examples.

I meant in terms of Davidsons spell in charge.

None of those 3 are our best fee signing anyway, fwiw.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I meant in terms of Davidsons spell in charge.

None of those 3 are our best fee signing anyway, fwiw.

Qualify your bland statements in future so no one is in any doubt.

Otherwise you just leave yourself open to ridicule.

It still doesn’t alter the fact that you roundly condemned and criticised Cammy MacPherson many times and called him “shit”.

Some supporter you are.

Ideally your team will get relegated this season and Cammy gets himself a new club where he will be appreciated.

I liked MacPherson and was disappointed that we let him leave. He's all action and scores some screamers.

We're strong in midfield though, so I can't say we've missed him. I think he'll continue to improve though and will probably have a decent career

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Also linked with Fulham striker Kieron Bowie in that article. Ex-Raith Rovers, has been on loan at Northampton this season. Turns 21 in September.

So are we going to pay a development fee for him? Am I wrong, he doesn't seem prolific and ready to nail down a starting place each week yet?