The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

39 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Perhaps he should’ve done more due diligence as part of the club board who introduced Kibble to the club. Can’t see why he should be added to the SMiSA board. He has no unique selling point, there are already more than enough on there who’s sole objective is to get rid of Kibble. He’ll likely get on anyway.

This whole fiasco is beyond tiresome now. Kibble’s name is mud now and they are the easy target for everything. They were voted in by a majority, work with them. If he feels that strongly he should stump up to buy Kibble out, after all he’s a millionaire going by that blurb, instead of turning the SMiSA membership against them in the hope we do it.

You don't find it alarming that a planing application was put in by Kibble for land owned by St Mirren Football Club and St Mirren directors know nothing about it ? 

17 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

You don't find it alarming that a planing application was put in by Kibble for land owned by St Mirren Football Club and St Mirren directors know nothing about it ? 

To be fair, we don't know for sure that they know nothing about it. As you say, that's the part that is yet to be confirmed.

I do agree this doesn't look great though. Hopefully now it's out there, someone will be able to offer some clarity/assurances about what has gone on.

6 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Hopefully! 

Despite what his many detractors say, I rate Charles Dunne very highly and he’ll be very difficult to replace 

No he won't you just need someone who knows how to keep there hands down and is not a bomb scare. 

I’ll wait until hearing from both sides on this one before making any judgement on it. It doesn’t look great but we’ve only heard one side of the story.

IMO Smisa is becoming a bit of an embarrassment with the constant change/fighting with the Kibble.

17 minutes ago, SS77 said:

I’ll wait until hearing from both sides on this one before making any judgement on it. It doesn’t look great but we’ve only heard one side of the story.

IMO Smisa is becoming a bit of an embarrassment with the constant change/fighting with the Kibble.

Whatever has or has not been going on, has not, so far, prohibited us from a really good season.

So, chairman needs to own this, diseminate the truth and put it to bed.

We also need a SMiSA that's not trying to throw a spanner in the works - so again the chairman needs to inform and listen, then find positive ways for all parties to move forwards together.

Come on guys... we don't need in fighting.

Taylor is one of those guys who ticks a lot of boxes. Young, physical specimen, has had some pretty strong performances and some brain farts.

There's the foundations of a very decent player and raw talent in there so happy he's staying as presumably a cost effective backup option with long term view to being first choice.

As for the SMISA stuff, I'm not a fan of and do not particularly trust Alan Wardrop (I await the usual 'He's a good Saints man looking out for the club' nonsense) as he's extremely ham-fisted and to me, comes across as self-serving but Kibble do need to either refute or clarify this accusation before voting for the SMISA board goes ahead.

There is a lot in there that leaves very little to interpretation so Kibble and those involved need to refute or confirm this series of events as do the other board members as this surely was not done 100% clandestine without knpwledge of anyone from SMFC given the fact it would be very public sooner or later.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Possibly for that level, aye.

Twitchy CM who needs to press folk, win the ball and great and getting past people as hes so quick. Given time can pick a pass both short and long, but not through defences. His pace really is crazy, can be on top of folk before they've even properly received the ball, but gives away fouls a lot that way.

Hes pretty easy to actually get past though, if you can survive his initial press. He gets caught wrong side a lot as he just barrages in, and his passing under pressure is just hoofing or sclaffing as he looks so twitchy (I think thats just his "style" rather than him actually being flustered) and cant set himself. Doesn't look like he can shoot well at all.

I can see why hes rated so highly over there, but can also see why hes still over there. Would depend entirely on how you use him I think but he'd be a downgrade on Gogic, O'Hara, and Baccus quite comfortably in your starting line up. 

You've no doubt answered this numerous times, but where do you get all this info?

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Is Wardrop the guy who challenged a fan to a "bare bum boxing" match when he was a director? Is this a guy we want near the club again?

Yeah that’s him, an absolute weapon and thick as mince, he was chased out the boardroom and rightly so.

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Taylor is one of those guys who ticks a lot of boxes. Young, physical specimen, has had some pretty strong performances and some brain farts.

There's the foundations of a very decent player and raw talent in there so happy he's staying as presumably a cost effective backup option with long term view to being first choice.

Very hit or miss so far, with more misses than hits IMO.

The management team must see something worth nurturing to offer a two year deal.

Let's see how he performs after a full pre-season.

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Very hit or miss so far, with more misses than hits IMO.

A fair assessment.

He defends by the seat of his pants which is worrying to see but it's certainly something that can  be coached out of a young guy who is playing at a higher level than he has previously.

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A fair assessment.

He defends by the seat of his pants which is worrying to see but it's certainly something that can  be coached out of a young guy who is playing at a higher level than he has previously.

Taylor and Tanser on that side gives me the fear.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

You've no doubt answered this numerous times, but where do you get all this info?

Data and watching players comes from WyScout. Could probably download a few mins long compilation of things he does tonight, but cant remember if they default make one or if ive to create it myself. 

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

To be fair, we don't know for sure that they know nothing about it. As you say, that's the part that is yet to be confirmed.

I do agree this doesn't look great though. Hopefully now it's out there, someone will be able to offer some clarity/assurances about what has gone on.

This was always the potential drawback of selling the shares to Kibble, although they are minority shareholders (25-30% IIRC) their representatives are essentially F/T as opposed to the other Board members being P/T.

I was in favour of the deal but I foresaw them having more than 25-30% influence over the clubs affairs.