The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, Bobby Boulders said:

Far more likely that we see some MAGA-esque bollocks about how this is fake news and only a select bunch of well-meaning good St Mirren men know the truth. And, if we want to know the truth, we just need to elect them on to the smisa board. 

As much as we like to point and laugh, this cabal of "Kibble bad" obsessed moon howlers shit stirring every time they hear something they don't like, is causing the board to waste time dealing with non-issues, rather than putting their full focus on the every day running of the club.

I'm all for making sure that the club is being run properly, but the unseemly rabble rousing over the past couple of years isn't the way to do it IMO.

Embarrassing stuff, and even more so if SMISA don’t remove his application.

Fan ownership is the right thing, but SMISA is in danger of becoming the wrong vehicle.

Fucking bowling club mentality.

Edited by aldo_j

12 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Absolutely no doubt that Mr Wardrop's application should now be withdrawn or thrown out: he has made factually incorrect statements to try and secure a place on the SMISA board.

It was a one point manifesto that has been soundly punted. He needs to withdraw his application. 

On the other side of the coin, disappointing that the board release this statement on the Friday evening before a big game. 

To be honest, I think the board and SMISA board both need emptied. 

19 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

On the other side of the coin, disappointing that the board release this statement on the Friday evening before a big game. 

I don’t think the board or SMiSA need emptied, I just think some individuals should check themselves into the nearest Wellbeing Centre to seek help for their issues.

38 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I’m pretty sure the players and management team don’t give a flying fuck about the statement or what it’s even about. I doubt they will even be aware of it!

I doubt even most of the support know anything about it. I barely know about it and what I do know is only from skim reading some of the posts. 

Edited by Captain_Sensible

SMISA can get fucked, this is final straw. Have paid into them for years but full of sad old men that can’t handle change. 

The most positive mood around the club I can remember for decades and they seem hell bent on ruining it.

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

What does “bare bum boxing” actually entail?

I always took it as a euphemism for a gay sex act. 

It's the typical American thing of misappropriating a perfectly normal noun and attaching it to something else.

"Bum" in this case means a homeless person.

25 minutes ago, geo87 said:

SMISA can get fucked, this is final straw. Have paid into them for years but full of sad old men that can’t handle change. 

The most positive mood around the club I can remember for decades and they seem hell bent on ruining it.

The negativity is not the doing of SMISA.

It is the doing of a few SMISA members who are determined to gain prominent positions on the SMISA board in order to attack Kibble / Jim Gillespie and undermine the club board. It's all for the good of SMFC though apparently.

Hopefully, this statement from the club is the beginning of the end of their pish being entertained and SMISA members will start to vote more wisely. In an ideal world, we'd also have "Glen" realising that his tea's oot and departing to spend a bit more time on the golf course.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

10 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

That’s exactly what it is and what it was meant as 😂

Daft Al hadn’t a clue 

1 minute ago, Billy_Gunn said:

That’s exactly what it is and what it was meant as 😂

Daft Al hadn’t a clue 

😀 Quality. The Urban Dictionary confirms that.

That's up there with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones repeatedly using the word "gloryholes" with no one brave enough to tell him what it really means.

e.g. "I'd sure love St Mirren to get back to the gloryholes of the late 70s and early 80s".

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Possibly. In the case of Wardrop, he offered a Saints fan a boxing match because he couldn't handle being criticised and that descended into bare bum boxing being the sport of choice.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Possibly. In the case of Wardrop, he offered a Saints fan a boxing match because he couldn't handle being criticised and that descended into bare bum boxing being the sport of choice.

A face I wouldn’t get sick of slapping, Wardrop is a waste of oxygen.