The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

IMO the club statement has made things abundantly clear. AW is shit-strirring. The land in the application is in Ferguslie but not owned by the club.

Let's see . Purten says Ukraine is Russia. AW is a very successful business man you might not like him but he is far from stupid 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

According to Robbo, Captain Joe has been offered a one year contract.

However, he did also say that he could be looking for longer term security and more game time.

Would give him 2 years. He is a class act

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

We applied to build whatever in your garden. But we did not see it necessary to ask you for permission until we got the grant and planing permission. Nice to know your so accommodating .  

That's how planning applications work. A builder applied for planning position on land he didn't own while his agent was still trying to agree the purchase of that land.

It could have fallen through, but he wasn't wanting to be delayed once the land was his

Edited by medals

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Let's see . Purten says Ukraine is Russia. AW is a very successful business man you might not like him but he is far from stupid 

Nope.

He is stupid. There are many businessmen, successful or otherwise who are absolute brain donors. Wardrop confirmed this many moons ago when he offered one of our supporters a square go for disagreeing with him which seems to be a worryingly common trait with St. Mirren supporting businessmen.

The club has made it concisely clear their position and the timescales/parameters under which they and the process they tried unsuccessfully to undertake, operated.

Wardrop wants to pick a hole in something where there is nothing to be picked.

Club statement says the land in question not owned by Saints.

However, if it were, there is absolutely nothing wrong with applying for planning permission on land you do not own. Happens all the time.

Why would you buy land that, ultimately, you cannot do with what you wanted to do with it?

It also works in the owners favour as the planing permission increases the value of the land

win win

Not only is the constant, never ending whirring noise of 'Kibble bad, KIBBLE BAAAAAD' really tiresome, it's fucking dangerous.

People who are in a position of keeping the club safe from harm are screaming blue murder every time someone from the Kibble farts and the majority of supporters are now into Boy Who Cried Wolf territory.

Now the Kibble are not and should never be beyond reproach but the constant tiresome searching of something to string them up on when there is nothing, means that if we reach a situation where the Kibble or someone from is DOES do something bad, the whistle-blowers are going to be met with a chorus of 'No this shite again' as folk simply don't believe them any more.

That's why right now, certain folk within and trying to get onto SMISA are actually doing more harm than Kibble.

Edited by djchapsticks

11 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

We applied to build whatever in your garden. But we did not see it necessary to ask you for permission until we got the grant and planing permission. Nice to know your so accommodating .  

You and all the other dinosaurs spouting this pish know the only way to get rid of them. It’s now a case of stump up or shut up.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Not only is the constant, never ending whirring noise of 'Kibble bad, KIBBLE BAAAAAD' really tiresome, it's fucking dangerous.

People who are in a position of keeping the club safe from harm are screaming blue murder every time someone from the Kibble farts and the majority of supporters are now into Boy Who Cried Wolf territory.

Now the Kibble are not and should never be beyond reproach but the constant tiresome searching of something to string them up on when there is nothing, means that if we reach a situation where the Kibble or someone from is DOES do something bad, the whistle-blowers are going to be met with a chorus of 'No this shite again' as folk simply don't believe them any more.

That's why right now, certain folk within and trying to get onto SMISA are actually doing more harm than Kibble.

Its genuinely bizarre, as an outside observer, how many folk seem determined to destroy your club from the inside.

Best season in decades and a real chance to grow something, but it could be thrown away because of egos.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its genuinely bizarre, as an outside observer, how many folk seem determined to destroy your club from the inside.

Best season in decades and a real chance to grow something, but it could be thrown away because of egos.

Unfortunately the old cricket club mentality is still there despite some stellar efforts since fan ownership to do away with thar way of thinking.

Too many local businessmen who are used to being big fish in a small pond still think St. Mirren is theirs and refuse to accept anything else. They worry me more than Kibble or SMISA as organisations as both have proven in past they can operate without issue or these peoples' input.

It's not a coincidence that our best spell on the park in decades has happened at same time as fan ownership, now folk who didn't get us to these levels and bowed out want back on when the going is good. Its definitely an ego thing hidden behind concern for the club - it eats away at certain folk who clearly 'want the best' but won't give the club a real chance to grow from our best position in a long time.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Unfortunately the old cricket club mentality is still there despite some stellar efforts since fan ownership to do away with thar way of thinking.

Too many local businessmen who are used to being big fish in a small pond still think St. Mirren is theirs and refuse to accept anything else. They worry me more than Kibble or SMISA as organisations as both have proven in past they can operate without issue or these peoples' input.

It's not a coincidence that our best spell on the park in decades has happened at same time as fan ownership, now folk who didn't get us to these levels and bowed out want back on when the going is good. Its definitely an ego thing hidden behind concern for the club - it eats away at certain folk who clearly 'want the best' but won't give the club a real chance to grow from our bwithout their knowledge est position in a long time.

I voted for kibble to join the club as I think it's good for the club. Good to see the club putting the land issue to rest, however it still does not take away the fact kibble in their application for a grant used the St Mirren charitable foundation without its knowledge. That is a red flag especlly from two directors who are also management in kibble . To be clear I don't want kibble out but I would be very surprised if this is the end of the matter. 

43 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I voted for kibble to join the club as I think it's good for the club. Good to see the club putting the land issue to rest, however it still does not take away the fact kibble in their application for a grant used the St Mirren charitable foundation without its knowledge. That is a red flag especlly from two directors who are also management in kibble . To be clear I don't want kibble out but I would be very surprised if this is the end of the matter. 

"Used" how exactly in your understanding  ?

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

"Used" how exactly in your understanding  ?

If you apply for a grant using a charitable foundation without their knowledge  I would have thought in a court of law that is a form of fraud ? Or am I wrong in that.

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

If you apply for a grant using a charitable foundation without their knowledge  I would have thought in a court of law that is a form of fraud ? Or am I wrong in that.

It's clearly not a massive issue given that the application was made, then the parties were informed and s discussion was had following the movement from stage 1 to stage 2 

If SMFC or SMCF as organisations had an issue with it being applied for, then it would have been withdrawn there and then. Instead they were happy to the point it was allowed to run until January at which point it went no further. 

48 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Fraud...Court of Law...

You seem intent on making something out of this despite neither the club, SMISA or the Charitable Foundation having an issue. You seem to soak up every bit of shit stirring like the proverbial sponge then regurgitate it on here ar Gospel.

What part of the clarification statement are you not in agreement with and why ? 

I really don't get this constant dirt digging especially when things are going so well on the park.