The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Ryan Flynn is the sole remaining player from my 2017/18 Championship Winners mug (by a margin) so from a purely nostalgic POV I'm glad to see him stay - in fact my suggestion is that he never be allowed to leave.

1 hour ago, btb said:

Ryan Flynn is the sole remaining player from my 2017/18 Championship Winners mug (by a margin) so from a purely nostalgic POV I'm glad to see him stay - in fact my suggestion is that he never be allowed to leave.

He has future manager vibes about him.

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Nightmare. Not what we need right now

Agreed.

Perhaps we should just stick big Joe up front with Curtis and let’s just go for it.

Would certainly shake things up and create chaos for our midfield to exploit.

Attack attack attack!

24 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

Hope Greive especially grabs his chance to score winning goals.  Could do with some from Kiltie too.

Hibs 1    St. MIRREN 2 Gogic and Greive

54 minutes ago, medals said:

Hope Greive especially grabs his chance to score winning goals.  Could do with some from Kiltie too.

Hibs 1    St. MIRREN 2 Gogic and Greive

He's better coming off the bench for some reason.

Kiltie playing off Main could cause damage, he's wasted in the midfield 3.

No issues from me on Flynn staying. He's not going to play every week but will be a steady, reliable head when needed and is apparently very good about the training ground/dressing room with the younger players. Decent bit of business - regardless of who triggered the extension.

57 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He's better coming off the bench for some reason.

Kiltie playing off Main could cause damage, he's wasted in the midfield 3.

I get that folk might think as you do and you may well be right. 

When Greive came at first he seemed much more effective once he got a run in the 1st 11.

My issue is we need more goals and assists from both these guys. 

So whether it's starting or as a sub, may they both hit the sweet spot 🙏 

1 hour ago, medals said:

I get that folk might think as you do and you may well be right. 

When Greive came at first he seemed much more effective once he got a run in the 1st 11.

My issue is we need more goals and assists from both these guys. 

So whether it's starting or as a sub, may they both hit the sweet spot 🙏 

Oh yeah 100% agree.

Just seems we get the best out of Grieve when he comes on against a tiring defence. 

Either way both players won't let us down, whoever gets the nod.

Shocked. Would be baffling, but not unexpected, should that application to join the SMiSA board be successful now. It shouldn’t come to that and that application should be withdrawn leaving the others to join the board for the right reasons.

IMO the application should have been thrown out as soon as the blurb was put together.

41 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Shocked. Would be baffling, but not unexpected, should that application to join the SMiSA board be successful now. It shouldn’t come to that and that application should be withdrawn leaving the others to join the board for the right reasons.

IMO the application should have been thrown out as soon as the blurb was put together.

Far more likely that we see some MAGA-esque bollocks about how this is fake news and only a select bunch of well-meaning good St Mirren men know the truth. And, if we want to know the truth, we just need to elect them on to the smisa board.