The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'd be very surprised if you guys signed Longridge.

So would some of our fans. Take it Goodwin seen something  of him in the championship and wants a closer look. In a interview Goodwin saying he wants two players for each position. 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The only thing I can think of Goodwin wanted him at Alloa and now, weirdly, thinks he can cut it in the Premiership. Based on his track record there's no way he's good enough.

Folk saying he could be signing as back-up but we should be concentrating on signing first choice guys before looking to boost the squad and we currently have no other wingers. I'd far rather have a youngster as back-up than someone like him.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

So would some of our fans. Take it Goodwin seen something  of him in the championship and wants a closer look. In a interview Goodwin saying he wants two players for each position. 

If we are going two for each position, then you'd expect a gulf in quality between some of the players. Like, maybe Longridge fills a gap in the squad, but you'd hope he's understudy to someone much better. Isma, Lewis Morgan, someone like that.

If we can get Miller in, then he provides cover in a couple of places for just one wage, which is useful.

And yet Celtic want £25m for Tierney in real life. 
Sign of the times, really. 
Out of curiosity, how much do you think Saints and Kilmarnock should be looking for for these players? 

I do agree it is sign of the times. I think if st Mirren for anything close to 500k that’s a great offer. As for gregg Taylor. 1ml-1.2mil. Good left back but 3 mil is a bit excessive.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
2 hours ago, gmcg94 said:

1 million?!! That’s laughable he is an average GK at best? Wouldn’t get a game for any of the bottom 6 sides

Well he gets a game for us so.....

1 hour ago, gmcg94 said:

That’s no really saying much is it but?

Says you're talking shite mate but. 

7 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

Because I don’t the hladky is worth 1mil?emoji23.png think most fans outside st Mirren would agree with me here mate. Decent goaly don’t get wrong but he isn’t as good as you or you club make it out

We watch him week in week out. The fact a rich club from a far off land have made an offer speaks volumes. None of us want to see him leave unless it was a big figure I would hope the club keep him. 

18 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

Because I don’t the hladky is worth 1mil?emoji23.png think most fans outside st Mirren would agree with me here mate. Decent goaly don’t get wrong but he isn’t as good as you or you club make it out

A decent " goaly" is worth as much as a prolific striker,  hence the figures spoken about. 

I don't imagine you've seen that much of him.

Don’t understand why you’re getting so worked up about our world class keeper to be honest.

The very fact he’s playing for us is raising the profile of the SPFL so all clubs benefitting.

Don’t understand why you’re getting so worked up about our world class keeper to be honest.

The very fact he’s playing for us is raising the profile of the SPFL so all clubs benefitting.

Not getting worked up mate. I think he’s a good GK. Just think the 1 mil price mentioned above was a bit over the top. 500 k is a fair valuation

1 hour ago, gmcg94 said:

When did the club tell you about their valuation of Hladky. 

When did the club tell you about their valuation of Hladky. 

Was reacting to a comment of someone who says st Mirren shouldn’t except any less than 1mil. Not saying he’s a bad goalkeeper by any means just thought that was a bit high 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, gmcg94 said:

How does it make no sense ?
He is a decent GK But 1 mil is laughable let’s be serious here

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
5 hours ago, gmcg94 said:

1 million?!! That’s laughable he is an average GK at best? Wouldn’t get a game for any of the bottom 6 sides

Well he gets a game for us so.....

🤔