The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 05/07/2019 at 15:11, pozbaird said:

How many defenders do we get, who are OK, decent, do us a turn, then they bugger off, leaving us to find another ‘decent’ type? I’m thinking Tesselaar, Stelios, Popescu, Muzek types here. They come, they get a song, they are reasonably popular, they eat chocolate thown at them, then they fcuk off.

Boo!

Stelios wasn't offered a new deal, swap him for McGregor, used our first aid then does a runner 

4 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

1 million?!! That’s laughable he is an average GK at best? Wouldn’t get a game for any of the bottom 6 sides

You do realise that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?

27 minutes ago, Dele said:

We have St Mirren fans wanting £1m for their keeper and Killie fans wanting £3m for Greg Taylor. 

Folk are fucking mental on here. 

And yet Celtic want £25m for Tierney in real life. 

Sign of the times, really. 

Out of curiosity, how much do you think Saints and Kilmarnock should be looking for for these players? 

2 minutes ago, dublin_bud said:

And yet Celtic want £25m for Tierney in real life. 

Sign of the times, really. 

Out of curiosity, how much do you think Saints and Kilmarnock should be looking for for these players? 

Celtic are fucking mental, too. Ive no idea how to price up Hladky, he's been here six months playing about 15 times? 

Kilmarnock fans were happy to see Taylor go in the not too distant past. He hasn't come on that much to make him a £3m player. Thanks to Clarke though, they can now say he's a Scotland internationalist, amazingly. 

38 minutes ago, Dele said:

We have St Mirren fans wanting £1m for their keeper and Killie fans wanting £3m for Greg Taylor. 

Folk are fucking mental on here. 

Dundee got over £1m for Jack Hendry.

Anything is possible.

45 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

How does it make no sense ?
He is a decent GK But 1 mil is laughable let’s be serious here

How much is worth to Saints staying in the premiership. Realistically whatever that figure is minimum.  It was not just the last game of the play off he performed  Best goalie I have seen at Saints for decades and I watched quite a few good goal keepers through out the years. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee got over £1m for Jack Hendry.

Anything is possible.

Exactly. St Johnstone got near £1m for Stevie May. Two classic examples of players being drastically overhyped and flopping thereafter. 

Just now, Dele said:

Exactly. St Johnstone got near £1m for Stevie May. Two classic examples of players being drastically overhyped and flopping thereafter. 

Well yes, thanks for disproving your own point 🤔

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, thanks for disproving your own point 🤔

Clubs will be less likely to pay these fees due to the ones suggested being flops. I'm not sure how that disproves my point. 

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

Celtic are fucking mental, too. Ive no idea how to price up Hladky, he's been here six months playing about 15 times? 

Kilmarnock fans were happy to see Taylor go in the not too distant past. He hasn't come on that much to make him a £3m player. Thanks to Clarke though, they can now say he's a Scotland internationalist, amazingly. 

No arguments here. 

The rumor is that Qarabag have an 8-figure transfer budget. It's up to Saints to try and get as much of that as possible. If that means bidding starts at £1m, then so be it. Considering Hladky (nearly literally) kept us in the league single handedly we'd be mad to not look for a stupidly high opening offer. 

We won't though. 

Some pictures from the Peterborough website of who I guess are the trialists. Guessing in order it's Djorkaeff, Longridge (guy in the background, not Paul McGinn!) and Miller?

Medium

Medium

Medium