The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Someone on Twitter saying we had a few trialists out.

Are we reading much into friendly results now? How'd you get on against Ayr?

Did we have a full strength team out against Ayr?  Come to think of it , what team did you lot have out today? Don't tell me it wasn't made up of trialists and development squad players 

Edited by Colkitto

8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I thought you would be ITK  rather than "someone" on Twitter 

Fair enough, and I'm not :P

Not seen the team anywhere. People saying it was 'full' of trialists but I wonder if that's damage limitation a bit. Honestly no clue which first teamers, if any, were playing.

12 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair enough, and I'm not :P

Not seen the team anywhere. People saying it was 'full' of trialists but I wonder if that's damage limitation a bit. Honestly no clue which first teamers, if any, were playing.

Would be interesting to find out - not that it matters as it was only a bounce game after all.... :P

Great to see our rivals take such an interest in our friendly results. I'm sad to say I have no idea who you've all been playing, let alone how you've been doing, what with these games meaning sod all.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Great to see our rivals take such an interest in our friendly results. I'm sad to say I have no idea who you've all been playing, let alone how you've been doing, what with these games meaning sod all.

I only take an interest when some team puts 5 goals past you

Was very decent for us under Murray and Ross in 2013/14, but seemed to lose his way a bit at Morton and Livi, where he didn't pull up any trees (aside from scoring the promotion winning goal for the 'Ton). 
He'd probably do a job for you lot, but I don't see him as a top four Championship player just yet.

I don't see us as a top four teams he should do OK lol

13 hours ago, Stu said:

Ross County fans were on their own thread talking about Elgin beating ICT.  Some clubs have very obsessive fans IMO.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Do you really wonder? Or are you dropping a wee not so subtle hint? 

Just have a feeling JR could pull a rabbit out of the hat today or tomorrow, we'll see.

15 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Did Davis ever sign for that English team? emoji848.png

He did not but his dad was appointed Leyton Orient manager a few days ago so good chance he will end up there.