The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Lewis Morgan saying the right things about staying on for the season:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15392315.Lewis_Morgan_happy_to_stay_at_St_Mirren_and_ignore_the_speculation/

Goes without saying that a big bid would still lure him away, but looks like he's happy to continue his development with us. He undoubtedly has what it takes to be a real stand out in the league this season.

Yep, keeping Morgan might be difference maker this season. Losing both Mallan, Morgan and McAllister in 6 months would be a blow. 

Disappointed we couldn't get Loy too, but he has a good relationship with Falkirk and I guess we didn't want to spend as much. He's probably one of the highest paid players in the league. 

Nathan Flanagan has signed a new deal but will go out on loan , probably to East Fife. Still three spaces in the squad according to JR , with at least two coming in on loan !

14 minutes ago, billyg said:

Nathan Flanagan has signed a new deal but will go out on loan , probably to East Fife. Still three spaces in the squad according to JR , with at least two coming in on loan !

Yeah, there's a lot of competition for his position.

Reckon our number one fan Brendan will hook us up? Not sure what Jack or James' contacts are like south of the border.

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, there's a lot of competition for his position.

Reckon our number one fan Brendan will hook us up? Not sure what Jack or James' contacts are like south of the border.

We got O'Brien and Davis from down south so can't be bad.

Assuming this guy is going into the under-20s but because he's tweeted it he'll be subject of "Whatever happened to" posts on B&W Army every few months.

FAO Falkirk fans 

IMG_1082.JPG.a2939212daaf8b0dbfadeaabb332c62a.JPG

Pretty sure Falkirk will have sold more STs than us.

Good going for us though.

3 signings to go, every single one is vital.

On paper only Smith and MacKenzie have been marquee signings imo. Gavin Reilly hit over double figures in his 2 seasons with Queens at this level before he moved to Hearts, got a bit of faith in him.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty sure Falkirk will have sold more STs than us.

Good going for us though.

They have but they love a good obsess over season ticket sales. 

Pretty sure we've already passed last seasons uptake with a full month to go. Think it's pretty much a stick on well break 3000

34 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

5th of July last year we were on 1,929 season tickets sold. A 700 like-for-like jump in numbers is huge for us.

Morton don't even have 700 season ticket holders most years never mind 700 more. 

42 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Morton don't even have 700 season ticket holders most years never mind 700 more. 

Genuine question why do you think that happens? I would have thought you could be up around the 1500 to 1800 mark after a successful season last year.

34 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Genuine question why do you think that happens? I would have thought you could be up around the 1500 to 1800 mark after a successful season last year.

I would certainly hope sales are up on last year after the season we've just had and the new ticketing/turnstile systems in place, but probably years of achieving hardly anything, stagnating in the Championship and a poor relationship between the club and supporters are the real reasons. There's been significant changes on and off the park over the past year or so however, with a bit more ambition being shown and the club being ran a lot more professionally off the park so hopefully we'll gradually see an increase. 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Dunno. The large majority of our support just turn up and pay at the gate. We haven't ever really had a big group of ST holders. 

Work down in Greenock and have seen more kids in Morton gear over the last few months, which hopefully translates to bigger crowds. It's the same with most teams to an extent, win more games and more fans will turn up.

2 hours ago, Scosha said:

I would certainly hope sales are up on last year after the season we've just had and the new ticketing/turnstile systems in place, but probably years of achieving hardly anything, stagnating in the Championship and a poor relationship between the club and supporters are the real reasons. There's been significant changes on and off the park over the past year or so however, with a bit more ambition being shown and the club being ran a lot more professionally off the park so hopefully we'll gradually see an increase. 

I genuinely think that Morton will be in the top 3 of the championship. Thompson McHugh and Quitongo will be more than a handful for any defence in this league. Looking forward to the derby games and a better season where we aren't scrapping about the bottom 4.

I genuinely think that Morton will be in the top 3 of the championship. Thompson McHugh and Quitongo will be more than a handful for any defence in this league. Looking forward to the derby games and a better season where we aren't scrapping about the bottom 4.

I agree. Falkirk, St Mirren, Dundee U and Morton are my top four. Although it's so competitive that you can't really rule out ICT and Dunfermline either.

Once again, a really competitive division to look forward to and the battle for the play off spots looks really exciting too.

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I agree. Falkirk, St Mirren, Dundee U and Morton are my top four. Although it's so competitive that you can't really rule out ICT and Dunfermline either.

Once again, a really competitive division to look forward to and the battle for the play off spots looks really exciting too.

Of the six teams you mention, you can maybe make a case for United or Falkirk being slight favourites but you can legitimately perm all of them in any order you like as there is very little between any of them on paper.  You also have Queens still with signings to come and last year's leading goal scorer and Livi are an unknown quantity having absolutely romped league one last season.  I think the part time clubs will find this league a bit too tough for them this time round.

A good start will be important this year as in a dog eat dog league, any team that establishes an early lead might be hard to catch!

8 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

Of the six teams you mention, you can maybe make a case for United or Falkirk being slight favourites but you can legitimately perm all of them in any order you like as there is very little between any of them on paper.  You also have Queens still with signings to come and last year's leading goal scorer and Livi are an unknown quantity having absolutely romped league one last season.  I think the part time clubs will find this league a bit too tough for them this time round.

A good start will be important this year as in a dog eat dog league, any team that establishes an early lead might be hard to catch!

That early derby is already a six-pointer :lol: