The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

We won't know for definite until the meeting with the board on Thursday, however all the noises coming out of the club suggest some pretty awful news of the horizon.

It would appear the owner has completely pulled the plug on the financing of the club.

The penny should've dropped with the ludicrous idea to change to full time on crowds of less than 1000. That was never going to work.

18 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

We've been pretty good to you guys recently - giving you a shot of Rory Loy, letting you keep your manager and now giving you a glamour friendly, but the generosity ends tomorrow night, fuckos; 7-0 Dundee.

None of this "It was only a friendly" pish afterwards.

Thank you.

Sounds good. Mind in January, was that 'only a cup tie'?

The penny should've dropped with the ludicrous idea to change to full time on crowds of less than 1000. That was never going to work.

Precisely. The chairman came out with the statement of them going full time on a BBC Alba half time feature. The reason why he came out in this medium rather than doing it more sensibly?

Because he didn't want Dunfermline to get more attention on BBC Alba, the bloke was only ever in it for the very short term and far, far to many Airdrie fans were happy for him to waltz on in.

44 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

We've been pretty good to you guys recently - giving you a shot of Rory Loy, letting you keep your manager and now giving you a glamour friendly, but the generosity ends tomorrow night, fuckos; 7-0 Dundee.

None of this "It was only a friendly" pish afterwards.

Thank you.

Oh Shit ! School holidays have started. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

That doesn't really work as a joke, m8, as schoolkids have access to the internet 24hrs a day.

We have played two games granted it was against highland league teams scoring 14 goals. So I suppose playing Barcelona, sorry Dundee should prove more difficult. As you are the Barcelona, sorry Dundee spokesman you will turn up to the game. 

Looking forward to seeing Wee Stevie again and if JR has managed to make Dundee play decent football when the 'big' team comes to town. Oh wait, that was all a wet dream by the Dee fans. The 'big' team turned out to be the wee team.

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Genuine question: how's your squad looking? Generally pleased with McCann so far this summer?

It's looking considerably better than the nick Hartley left it.

The Scott Allan signing speaks for itself.

Roarie Deacon and Randy Wolters are two wingers which, at the risk of stating the obvious, makes it look like McCann is going to be going for width as opposed to the narrow pish that Hartley was a fan of. Both are unknown quantities but Deacon scooped all the POY awards at Sutton Utd last season and it sounds like both have got a bit of pace about them, but having witnessed speed merchants Martin Boyle and Phil Roberts in recent years, we'll wait and see if they can do stuff with a football as well as run fast.

We've signed Lewis Spence from Dunfermline who Pars fans seem split over whether he was any good or not. McCann worked with him at Dunfermline so he must've seen something in him. 

We've got Dutch centre half Crescendo Van Berkel and Arsenal midfielder Glen Kamara on trial tonight so Saints fans could just ignore your own team and let me know how they get on, that would be great. 

We just require a goalscorer and I'd be relatively happy with the squad. Our number 9 shirt hasn't been taken yet but that's obviously due to the fact that Berbatov hasn't arrived from his holidays. 

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

It's looking considerably better than the nick Hartley left it. 

It really surprises me that Hartley left you so fucked. I'll be interested to see if Loy plays tonight - if he is indeed being given a chance, you'd imagine this would be a decent chance to do that.

We've been mixing the team up for the Highland games; hoping we put out something close to full strength tonight, at least to start.

43 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It really surprises me that Hartley left you so fucked. I'll be interested to see if Loy plays tonight - if he is indeed being given a chance, you'd imagine this would be a decent chance to do that.

We've been mixing the team up for the Highland games; hoping we put out something close to full strength tonight, at least to start.

Is there such a thing as St Mirren TV that will broadcast the game tonight?

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is there such a thing as St Mirren TV that will broadcast the game tonight?

There is such a thing, but I'm unsure if they're doing the game tonight. It's run in collaboration with the uni, and the students will be in the middle of their six-month summer break at the moment.

Same goes for St Mirren radio (available via the TuneIn radio app) - they do most games, but it's a bit patchy, and I wouldn't hold out much hope for them doing this one tonight.

Your best bet might be to keep an eye on @bawarmy on twitter, which sometimes has a periscope running.

I'm glad we're playing Dundee, though - we need to be tested at this stage of the summer, not flattering ourselves against vastly inferior opposition.