The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Is this the yearly get the 1st division in fifa shite. Never gonna happen

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No. no they shouldn't. St Mirren required a superb turnaround just to avoid being a League 1 team.

It was probably just rhetoric to help the petition seem more convincing. He's not saying bad things about Dunfermline. I wouldn't lose sleep over it mate.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Actually, that would be hilarious. I still can't believe he's joined a team that wears horizontal stripes. 

Aye but our away strip does look appropriately like a biscuit tin.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

A biscuit barrel, when Harkins is wearing it.

The grannies biscuit tin. Nobody ever saw the bottom of one.

47 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Where's that info coming from?

I would have through we would be biting your hand off for half of that given the state we're in.

It was printed in various tabloid rags at the weekend. The Daily Record stating that Airdrie had set the asking price at 75k with St Mirren leading the way of interested clubs.

8 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Cheers.

The way things are unfolding he may be available on a freebie........

Not good to see any club struggling financialy and possibly moving towards insolvency.

Is the current state of affairs at Airdrie really that bad.

Not good to see any club struggling financialy and possibly moving towards insolvency.
Is the current state of affairs at Airdrie really that bad.

We won't know for definite until the meeting with the board on Thursday, however all the noises coming out of the club suggest some pretty awful news of the horizon.

It would appear the owner has completely pulled the plug on the financing of the club.

5 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

We won't know for definite until the meeting with the board on Thursday, however all the noises coming out of the club suggest some pretty awful news of the horizon.

It would appear the owner has completely pulled the plug on the financing of the club.

FFS.

That sounds pretty shitty. Good luck with it, I guess, but it doesn't sound good.

6 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I can see the vultures starting to circle around and probably offer 25 to 30 K if your financial position is so precarious. 

I hope you guys can find some fresh investment to keep the ship afloat.

It was obvious as soon as that Witherspoon or whatever his name was got involved how this was going to end.

So, so obvious.

3 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Just come back as The Airdrie.

Sorry to hear about the situation your Club is in. Bar two in Glasgow I would hate to see any other Club fold.

We've been pretty good to you guys recently - giving you a shot of Rory Loy, letting you keep your manager and now giving you a glamour friendly, but the generosity ends tomorrow night, fuckos; 7-0 Dundee.

None of this "It was only a friendly" pish afterwards.

Thank you.