The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

I took my finger out my arse once, but it fucking stank, so I put it back. It's a lesson we can all learn from. 

I think to put kanye's mind at rest we need to know whether you struggled more with your finger in your arse or out of it?

7 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

Struggling to see any positives mate Loy,Mallan gone ,no juicy win bonuses come the start of the season,and no goals in the team.If we dont get our

finger out our arse pronto we are going to struggle

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I took my finger out my arse once, but it fucking stank, so I put it back. It's a lesson we can all learn from. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

I think to put kanye's mind at rest we need to know whether you struggled more with your finger in your arse or out of it?

XHBa71T.jpg

2-0 down to a Dundee side who have largely untroubled us other than Samson throwing one into the net and failing to claim another in his six yard box. 

Reaffirms my stance that Ross Stewart to be number one for the opener. 

Ft 1-3.

Decent enough action. Plenty of chances created by ourselves and some excellent stuff by Morgan on the wing but a mixture of bad finishing and very good goalkeeping kept us at just the one. At the other end, Dundee had perhaps 4 or 5 chances and put 3 away. Two of which were absolute gifts. 

For their part, Dundee's trialist would have likely lasted about 25 minutes in a competitive environment for two textbook bookings. If he's not sent on his way by Dundee I'd be shocked indeed. 

Once again, I feel Ross Stewart should be our first choice keeper. 

59 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ft 1-3.

Decent enough action. Plenty of chances created by ourselves and some excellent stuff by Morgan on the wing but a mixture of bad finishing and very good goalkeeping kept us at just the one. At the other end, Dundee had perhaps 4 or 5 chances and put 3 away. Two of which were absolute gifts. 

For their part, Dundee's trialist would have likely lasted about 25 minutes in a competitive environment for two textbook bookings. If he's not sent on his way by Dundee I'd be shocked indeed. 

Once again, I feel Ross Stewart should be our first choice keeper. 

Agree with this I enjoyed the game. 

It was just a friendly obviously, but I thought there were some worrying signs in all honesty, basically that we were easy to score against whilst struggling to put away at least five really clear cut chances, including an absolute gift from Dundee that we still missed. 

It was just a friendly obviously, but I thought there were some worrying signs in all honesty, basically that we were easy to score against whilst struggling to put away at least five really clear cut chances, including an absolute gift from Dundee that we still missed. 

I'd agree. We should have been far more clinical up front but failed to pull trigger and missed some clear cut chances. Bain made some terrific saves.

The defence looked far too porous and Samson had a howler for the first.

overall good workout last night looked suspect at the back Samson flapping for the first was unreal.  But i thought we looked good going forward.  Bain made some fantastic saves Dundee certainly weren't shy putting in the tackles and took us by surprise i think.  Possibly a kick up the arse we needed.  Still think Samson will start for us but JR won't be shy in dropping him if needed.  Enjoyed the game though.