French Open Tennis 2017

lichtie23

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's needed that sort of win for months. Fantastic stuff.

Always hate seeing del Potro losing. Hopefully he'll get back into the top ten soon.

Murray took the best Del Porto had and soaked it up and countered. Broke down his backhand and by switching backhand to forehand extracted errors from the forehand as well.

An easy win in the end. Nishikori looms in the quarter finals which should be a cracking match

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Superb from Murray but just don't fancy him to win it. Are we rained off now for the day?

If Nadal keeps up his current level then there might not be anything anyone can do.

I think Murray is in with a great chance of another final now, though. Even if he were to get beaten in it again, he needs the rankings points and hopefully it would spur him on for another Queens-Wimbledon double.

Also, Murray v Nadal is the only Big Four match up not to happen in a grand slam final.

If Nadal keeps up his current level then there might not be anything anyone can do.
I think Murray is in with a great chance of another final now, though. Even if he were to get beaten in it again, he needs the rankings points and hopefully it would spur him on for another Queens-Wimbledon double.
Also, Murray v Nadal is the only Big Four match up not to happen in a grand slam final.

Stan champion 2 yrs ago... can hit past anyone will be a big threat

It was great to see a much more focused Murray with minimal chuntering during the match.

Was quite funny to hear the crowd gasp as Delpo hammered monstrous forehands, only for Murray to return  perfect length shots to his backhand. Was particularly pleased to see him break back in the 11th game of the second set after Delpo had broken in the previous game. The momentum could have swung quite easily if he hadn't broken and ended up losing the set. That was the sign to me of Murray knowing when to strike and delivering.

Hard to see anybody beating Nadal at the moment, and I'd be delighted if he did, given he was basically being written off in the last couple of years, but I'm much more confident of Muuray making at least the semis.  

Obviously you would be a mug to write Stan off, but Murray has given him a bit of a doing in their two most recent meetings. His only three wins against world number ones are his slam final victories as well..

If Murray gets to the semis, you have to fancy him to beat him there again.

Yeah Isner match is first on one of the courts and the all french affair is second on chatrier. Nishikori continues today as well

Murray plays Khachanov tomorrow after he beats Isner in 4.

Andy has played Isner a lot at this kind of stage in Slams over the years and knows how to deal with him so I'd probably have preferred that as the matchup instead, but hopefully he'll continue where he left off against JMDP and will be comfortable anyway.

Yeah he also beat Cuevas and Goffin in recent tournaments on clay and he's currently third in the next gen race.  As nightmare pointed out Isner would have been a far easier opponent mainly as he knows exactly what to do with Isner.  Karen (I'm not attempting to spell his second name) is quite similar but with better movement.  If Murray is dialled in it should be a comfortable victory, but if he goes for a mental walk anything could happen.

Why do Eurosport and ITV insist on showing the exact same match?  I have no interest in Nadal rag dolling Bautista-Agut.  You would think one would at least show the all French affair on Phillipe Chatrier.

Archived