French Open Tennis 2017

lichtie23

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw some of it on my lunch break, and Murray looked really comfortable. It hasn't been the most common thing to be watching his matches recently and thinking that there's absolutely no chance of him losing, but today felt like that.

Nishikori and Wawrinka will be a different thing all together. Relatively confident for the Kei match, for some reason. I think the Grand Slam format has helped Murray play himself back to a decent level, which hopefully he'll be able to carry on with for the rest of the year.

Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares out of the doubles. They were a set and a break up, served for it and had a match point. Eventually lost two tie breaks in second and third sets. They were the highest ranked seeds left in it, but the men's doubles seem to be throwing up a lot of unexpected results all this season.

Women's singles could be anybody's. Would love to see Halep win it. 2 French women left in the quarters, so the home crowd could have a part to play.

He's obviously recovered from the elbow as his serving is far better right now than it has been the last few months. Kei can generate a lot of pace and takes the ball early taking time away from Murray but the court absorbs a lot of that kinetic energy generated.

If Murray serves well he'll win in straight sets. If he serves badly he will have to work very hard to win.

The other quarter sees Cilic face Wawrinka. Both have yet to drop a set. Both playing very well, but Wawrinka normally dispatches Cilic easily. Think it's 11-2 in his favour in the head to head. A nice five set epic stretching into Thursday would be ideal.

I have Mladenovic outright at 16s so if she would be so kind to win that would be splendid. A final against her former best friend Caro Garcia would be the journalists dream.

Tomorrow's quarters should see Nadal and Djokovic through. I'm not sure Thiem has figured out how to play Novak yet. He'd have more chance against Nadal. Nadal will bludgeon his opponent in three sets

Saw some of it on my lunch break, and Murray looked really comfortable. It hasn't been the most common thing to be watching his matches recently and thinking that there's absolutely no chance of him losing, but today felt like that.
Nishikori and Wawrinka will be a different thing all together. Relatively confident for the Kei match, for some reason. I think the Grand Slam format has helped Murray play himself back to a decent level, which hopefully he'll be able to carry on with for the rest of the year.

Murray said himself that he feels that in the 5 set format that he always has a chance even if he drops the first set.

All four men's quarter finals will now be played tomorrow, due to the rain. They are hopeful that the women's matches will be completed today.

The French normally has both men's semis on the Friday. Two years ago Wawrinka finished his semi, then a rain delay and Murray taking the third set pushed it into the Saturday.

Can't recall the timing of the Djokovic-Thiem Wawrinka-Murray semis last year. From memory they always get played on the same day. Wimbledon and the US Open have them both on the same day usually as well

Would need to look it up though

13 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Not at the French.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/content/the_tournament/info/tournament_schedule.html

Going by this, both men's semi-finals are on Friday, so if Djokovic and Nadal played today as originally scheduled, they'd have had an extra day of rest.

Jelena Ostapenko was absolutely tremendous today. Such power and ferocity. Wozniacki is just a 7/10 player in everything she does, makes little mistakes, but just hasn't the weapons to ever win that Slam she desperately wants.

Archived