Sports that you don't consider sports

MMA - it's basically just a rabble and nothing that I can't enjoy strolling around the bottom of Leith Walk at kicking out time on a Fri/Sat night.  Seems like a midway point between wrestling and boxing for people without the enlightenment to appreciate a sport that demands a high skill level.

Wrestling - as a liberally minded person I appreciate the social and cultural diversity that homo eroticism often accompanies, particularly within music and the crossover between the disco and house scenes.  Passing it off as a sport is a little far fetched though imo.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Formula 1

Shared a flat with a guy that'd set his alarm to get up him early Sat morning for the qualifying race and again for the Sun.  He was genuinely baffled that I didn't get off my seat and shout when Lewis Hamilton stole a victory in the last minute of some race. As if I was going to waste my time watching that.

Anything that involves people awarding marks - gymnastics, synchronised swimming, diving. If there isn't an absolutely definitive winner (who crossed the finish line first, who jumped highest, which team scored more goals etc.) then it's not sport.

The pub games - darts/snooker - that were rebranded as sports in the 1980s because they were cheap to televise.

Inexplicably, hours of coverage of someone playing the puggy never took off, although it's about as much of a sport as the other two are.

MMA - it's basically just a rabble and nothing that I can't enjoy strolling around the bottom of Leith Walk at kicking out time on a Fri/Sat night.  Seems like a midway point between wrestling and boxing for people without the enlightenment to appreciate a sport that demands a high skill level.
Wrestling - as a liberally minded person I appreciate the social and cultural diversity that homo eroticism often accompanies, particularly within music and the crossover between the disco and house scenes.  Passing it off as a sport is a little far fetched though imo.

Junior fitba in a nutshell. Well played.

Archived