Sports that you don't consider sports

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Agree with the OP with regards to wrestling. How can it be a sport if the outcome is decided before the event takes place? 

Italian football. 

I see what you dd there.....

Aye, wrestling...ooft....enjoyed by VL's the world over.

Weight lifting, how can lifting heavy things be a sport? and golf, it's not a sport either.

eta competitive cup stacking, impressive, but not a sport...

eta 2.0 Fishing? f**k off....

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, a sport has to have an element of physical fitness about it.

For that reason, Darts, Snooker and Pool are all shit sports.

See all these folk saying wrestling, do they realise that even wrestling fans don't consider it a sport?

Just now, Gaz said:

See all these folk saying wrestling, do they realise that even wrestling fans don't consider it a sport?

There was a Clyde fan on here that argued quite vehemently that it was indeed a sport. 

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

There was a Clyde fan on here that argued quite vehemently that it was indeed a sport. 

:lol:

Wish I'd seen that. I don't know any wrestling fans who claim it's a sport. It's completely scripted.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

:lol:

Wish I'd seen that. I don't know any wrestling fans who claim it's a sport. It's completely scripted.

Forehead7 or something like that. He was quite clearly an absolute VL tbf. One can only assume he had a massive forehead as well. 

Cycling: It's a method to transport aggressive mentally ill people, and nothing more than a mode of transportation.  

Either hospital porters get elevated to Olympic status for trolley duties, or the pushbike gets demoted from sporting status.   

Elephant Polo is another interesting one.   I've often asked why does to the elephant require a jockey with stick?   The elephant would be quicker up and down the pitch without the extra weight and their trunk was made for polo.    

2 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Forehead7 or something like that. He was quite clearly an absolute VL tbf. One can only assume he had a massive forehead as well. 

A massive VL. I remember him having an argument saying that Brock Lesnar should have played Bane in the Batman movies. 

He no doubt thought Hulk Hogan should have played Malcolm X as well. 

54 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Darts, snooker, car racing, horse racing, gymnastics, wrestling, bowls, cricket, american football, ice hockey (just synchronised fighting really).

Gymnastics?! In what way shape or form isn't gymnastics not a sport?!

Archived