Sports that you don't consider sports

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Curling.  It's not a sport, just an activity you can do when it's a bit nippy oot.

Obviously never played?

Like all sports it's possible to fanny about at a low level but to play at a reasonable level you need to be bloody fit.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Pics?

Don't think so, I was 8-12 living in Sweden at the time. There was a pond nearby and neighbours used to hose water on any available space to let kids skate and play ice hockey. Having never skated before having full body protection with the kit and a stick to hold onto was a boon. Piece of pish.

Boxing quite often relies on judges to decide a winner. Are you suggesting boxing isn't a sport?

Apologies, I should have been clearer. Activities which rely "solely" on judges. FWIW I fucking hate modern boxing.

[emoji38]
Wish I'd seen that. I don't know any wrestling fans who claim it's a sport. It's completely scripted.

You are surely not suggesting that the bouts featuring Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks that I used to watch on World Of Sport (just before the football scores) were not legitimate contests? 2002020460027.jpg

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't think so, I was 8-12 living in Sweden at the time. There was a pond nearby and neighbours used to hose water on any available space to let kids skate and play ice hockey. Having never skated before having full body protection with the kit and a stick to hold onto was a boon. Piece of pish.

At least he admitted it.

You are surely not suggesting that the bouts featuring Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks that I used to watch on World Of Sport (just before the football scores) were not legitimate contests? 2002020460027.thumb.jpg.16babe3dd9eb56e5b1b63ebdc4738ef8.jpg

Fucking hell! Big Daddy was a huge guy, that photo just proves how obese GH was!
Anyway, my favourite wrestler from that era was the pretend Native American guy (I forget his stage-name) but his main move was the "Tomohawk Chop"
Great sport imo.

8 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Fucking hell! Big Daddy was a huge guy, that photo just proves how obese GH was!
Anyway, my favourite wrestler from that era was the pretend Native American guy (I forget his stage-name) but his main move was the "Tomohawk Chop"
Great sport imo.

Billy Two Rivers? He was a genuine native from a Mohawk res in Quebec.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Wrestling is pure theatre. Performance art except that I've never seen Ian McKellen throw himself 30 feet off a ladder to win the tag team titles.

Literally the only thing that could have made The Fellowship of the Ring even better is if Gandalf had dispatched of the Balrog with the ol' Sweet Chin Music rather than a magic sword.

Literally the only thing that could have made The Fellowship of the Ring even better is if Gandalf had dispatched of the Balrog with the ol' Sweet Chin Music rather than a magic sword.

I remember watching a Battle Royale knock off starring Stone Cold Steve Austin and at no point did SCSA off anyone with a Stone Cold Stunner. Utter rubbish.

Archived