Sports that you don't consider sports

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sjc said:

Gymnastics?! In what way shape or form isn't gymnastics not a sport?!

Someone earlier mentioned sports where the winner is decided by a panel and rather than an objective result. For that reason I can see the logic in saying that gymnastics isn't a sport.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Someone earlier mentioned sports where the winner is decided by a panel and rather than an objective result. For that reason I can see the logic in saying that gymnastics isn't a sport.

In that case is boxing not a sport when it goes to points? 

That doesn't mean it's not a sport, a sport isn't defined by the manner in which the outcome is decided. Wrestling is a sport as it is an activity that requires strength and skill, it's just made into a soap opera in America as well. Snooker and darts are pub sports as they do require skill but not physical prowess in any way. Cycling is a mode of transport if you are using it to commute or just as a hobby but when you start doing it competitively it requires skill and fitness and determination so I'm not sure why people wouldn't consider it a sport.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Yes, that was me.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

In that case is boxing not a sport when it goes to points? 

And I hadn't thought of that! Maybe they should scrap the limited number of rounds and just let the two guys batter the shit out of each other until one can't go on. Do away with the gloves at the same time to get a quicker result.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Yes, that was me.

And I hadn't thought of that! Maybe they should scrap the limited number of rounds and just let the two guys batter the shit out of each other until one can't go on. Do away with the gloves at the same time to get a quicker result.

I've heard that (judging = no sport) argued before and in most cases it probably rings true but no way can gymnastics nor boxing not be classified as sports.

Boxing did initially start out as unlimited rounds until someone dropped but gradually limiting round numbers were introduced. It was last reduced from 15 to 12 in the early 80s after a few high profile deaths in World title fights.

5 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Darts, snooker, car racing, horse racing, gymnastics, wrestling, bowls, cricket, american football, ice hockey (just synchronised fighting really).

Ice Hockey is incredibly physically demanding and is as clear a sport as you could get. I think you've misinterpreted the topic tbh as it's just a list of things you don't like :lol:

Archived